Technical Head gasket blown, balancing options, little money

Currently reading:
Technical Head gasket blown, balancing options, little money

Yes

Plus none standard service parts are expensive

Just this is close to £200

Screenshot_20240821-184131.png

Which puts it out of a DIY repair viability

I have rebuilt a nissan bluebird gearbox, through lack of availability. At the moment a 1.2 panda or 500 isn't that hard to come by, I paid £60 for one a couple of years ago

People have put insane amount of torque through these gearboxes,on the dragstrip much more than a ford cosworth, without any problems, most issues are caused by low oil over heating the bearing cage causing it to collapse, driven well and maintained they have been known to last 1/2 million miles, I had two that have done 1/4 million

Yes

Plus none standard service parts are expensive

Just this is close to £200

View attachment 450816

Which puts it out of a DIY repair viability

I have rebuilt a nissan bluebird gearbox, through lack of availability. At the moment a 1.2 panda or 500 isn't that hard to come by, I paid £60 for one a couple of years ago

People have put insane amount of torque through these gearboxes,on the dragstrip much more than a ford cosworth, without any problems, most issues are caused by low oil over heating the bearing cage causing it to collapse, driven well and maintained they have been known to last 1/2 million miles, I had two that have done 1/4 million
Holy moly o had no idea these transmissions were that long living!!

I’m in that phase where, after doing the HG and the timing pretty much myself (with some supervision to make sure I didn’t actually do something silly) I’m trying to think about how I could train myself to do almost anything on this little panda

Next I’m looking at the fuel/charging system as I still have occasional rough idle and that stutter when idling and I put headlights on

Then the suspension

Then treating rust underneath

I’d really love to keep this car as long as possible

On payday I’m trying to get a pre-mot so I can start budgeting if if needs anything come December

Since the HG and p0016 code are resolved, would it be reasonable to move to another thread if I still am working on the remaining bugs?

I feel sentimental about this thread and so grateful for everyone who helped me keep my car alive during a really difficult time

Thank you so much to everyone who helped with this problem

I am not even an amateur, but the kindness and consideration shown on this platform really has had an impact on me, not to mention getting me through a very difficult rough patch where my job actually depended on me having my car.

From the very bottom of my heart, thank you.

❤️🐼

(Sorry to reopen a thread)

Does anyone know if I can use this on the panda?

I saw someone saying not to pour into expansion tank when using it, but I think that’s my only option for my Panda

In any case, I’m really trying to de-rust the car and the engine as much as I can

Attachments

• IMG_4749.jpeg
    IMG_4749.jpeg
    555.8 KB · Views: 11
Back