General Got my Orange MJ

Currently reading:
General Got my Orange MJ

It's not really that warm in Northern Ireland, so for the two or so days per year that it is I can make do! :p Aircon would only get smelly through lack of use. :yuck: The normal ventilation system is usually enough for me, but everyone to their own and I intend to keep my car for a very long time so re-sale value was never an issue when I was buying.

My previous car was very basic with no mod-cons. My Panda with its skydome is very much a luxury car in comparison.

It's not really that warm in Northern Ireland, so for the two or so days per year that it is I can make do! :p Aircon would only get smelly through lack of use. :yuck: The normal ventilation system is usually enough for me, but everyone to their own and I intend to keep my car for a very long time so re-sale value was never an issue when I was buying.

My previous car was very basic with no mod-cons. My Panda with its skydome is very much a luxury car in comparison.

It doesn't have to be that warm to need the aircon, all you need is a bit of sun. I reckon i have it on about half the time at the moment. Back in May i left it on for a week or two.

The thing is though, if you have it you will use it. Also don't forget how useful it is for demisting in the winter.

It also makes an absolutely massive difference on a long journey as it stops the car getting stuffy and you just arrive feeling fresh rather than jaded and sweaty.

My air con is always on - no noticeable difference in fuel economy or performance with it on so it seems a no-brainer :D Keeps the inside of the car cool in the warmer months and dry/de-misted the rest of the time.

I'd never buy a car without it ;)

Chris

It doesn't have to be that warm to need the aircon, all you need is a bit of sun. I reckon i have it on about half the time at the moment. Back in May i left it on for a week or two.

The thing is though, if you have it you will use it. Also don't forget how useful it is for demisting in the winter.

It also makes an absolutely massive difference on a long journey as it stops the car getting stuffy and you just arrive feeling fresh rather than jaded and sweaty.
The main reason I wanted the air con was for the demisting in Winter and, I thought if I was to sell the car (which I'm not expecting to do!) it would probably sell better.
I tend to drive everywhere with my sunroof and windows open whenever I'm out and I'm quite happy. My husband's car has climate control but no sunroof and I must say I really miss the sunroof. That was one of the main reasons for choosing the Panda -not many small economical cars have factory fitted sunroofs these days. All our cars previous to that one had both air con and sunroofs and I must admit I rarely used the air con except to clear the windscreen.
Would I regret no Air Con in the Winter or wet weather to demist the windows?

I'd go for a Sunroof over Aircon every time Skydome looks ace. I think A/C does help at resale time though, my Fabia got knocked right down because of it's lack of airconditioning.

JON

Back