Glopsy.JPG

Multipla Glopsy

Introduction

Here's my new Multi,pictured on the day I picked her up, resplendent in what looks like a years worth of road grime :rolleyes:

I've serviced her, fixed numerous electrical issues including getting the remote CL working again and got her through an MOT a few days ago.

Next up is a drive belt tensioner change, as mine makes a real racket, bleed the clutch to see if I can get a better pedal, change the gearbox oil and then try and find a pair of roof bars before our holiday in May :)
Yes it is 12mm hex at bottom of box next to front mounting point of wish bone.
Not the hidden one on gearbox end face

Thank God you didn't chisel at it like my first incorrect suggestion-i thought engine drain plug- apologies again

This is where my drain plug is on mine, and I can't get a socket in there.
View attachment 445238

I recognise that one near gearbox end plate ....but there should be
another one as in my photo at very bottom adjacent front of subframe where wishbone front bolt fits.

The one in your photo isn't used during gearbox drain /refill and as you say is not 12mm

Yellow arrow pointing to where bolt retaining front of wishbone is just out of shot

Attachments

• 20240518_151329.jpg
    20240518_151329.jpg
    4.9 MB · Views: 15
I can now see it in your photo ha ha ha

It's a good job you didn't get the one you were trying to remove undone as it would have been a very unsatisfactory transmission oil change.

Yep that's just wrong.

Ignor the "fill" labelled point .

Fill through the level point.

To fill I use a length of hose and a funnel from above ,pour slowly , take time, much easier.

I was about to ask.. How long since you last disturbed it..? 🤔

NEVER would be the correct answer 😏

Glad you are making progress

I recall on my 1st JTD motor {105}
The plug was so chewed (DESPITE FIAT FSH.. )
that I had to grind 2 x flats and wind it out with an adjustable ( @21mm flats)

New plug felt VERY Nice and was only @£7 back then from FIAT

Finally got an hour to change the gearbox oil ( now I've been shown the correct drain plug!!).
The drain plug was absolutely in tight and put up a fight before undoing, but I got there in the end and it had a bit of metal swarf on the end of it. The oil that came out looked ok, albeit a tad murky, and I got just under 2 litres out and I managed to squeeze 2 litres back in.
A quick test drive resulted in absolutely no discernable difference, but new oil has got to be a good thing?

Back