Photo0248.jpg

My new pimped van.

Introduction

Well there's only pics of the outside, not got any pics of inside yet; it was too dark to get good ones when i got it back but has deep pile carpets, custom lighting, 5 leather seats, big flat screen TV, Sony Xplode subs (x4), PS2 etc. Has had extra windows fitted behind the sliding doors (has sliding doors on both sides)

Its a vito travelliner 112 cdi (2003), 5 speed manual. Has full stainless exhaust with decat, told it has performance panel filter but not checked - apparently its about 135bhp but got nought to back that - tbh don't know what a standard 112cdi puts out but it pulls well and is similar sorta speed to the stilo (1.9jtd 115) which is plenty fast for a van in my opinion. Wheels are genuine AMG 18" (believe from the new E-class but not sure).

well here's the pics.
Photo02651.jpg

Photo02641.jpg

Photo0262.jpg

Photo0253.jpg

Photo0257.jpg

trusty stilo there on the left :)
Photo02521.jpg

Photo0250.jpg

Photo0249.jpg

Photo0248.jpg

Opinions, comments and questions welcome.
Re: My new pimped van..

Right, no actual updates on the van, just what i'm upto.

Have purchased huge brembo's pictured above from m20b25 - they are massive hehe. They can take a variety of disc sizes, needless to say i'll be looking at biggest possible (345mm vented). Some may remember i did a short thread about my uncles Brabus ML430, this shares the same brakes and needs some new discs so my uncle is gonna keep the old discs so I can trial fit everything before spending more cash on huge discs. \i a little worried about the master cylinder being upto the task so am looking for a bigger master cylinder that'll fit on the van (again will check the Brabus ML).

The other little project i have underway is a new dash - i ordered a dash y'day to play with. Its gonna be covered in padded alcantara but not sure what colour or design i'm going for.

Unfortunately having bought the dash and calipers then getting a quarterly energy bill and one of my cats needing to go to the vets my pockets are feeling rather light. Updates will follow probably after next pay day :)

OK nothing major going on but the van has new boots. And time to say goodbye to the fashion victim stretched tyres, welcome 245/40R18 Conti SportContact3's all round. Has if anything made the 18's look smaller, thought they looked small before but even more so now. Neymind, i'd rather have the better road holding myself ;)

Discovered a particularly floppy track-rod end while at the tyre place and a small crack in one of the alloys so time for a bit of welding and refurb on that wheel - on the bright side at least its the wheel with most damaged visually that has a crack.

One day when things stop going wrong i'll be able to afford to actually do some stuff to it lol.

Piccy's:
2011-04-26_18_12_25.jpg

2011-04-26_18_12_46.jpg

2011-04-26_18_12_03.jpg

2011-04-26_18_13_02.jpg

indeed, although the track-rod end is so bad i drove home really really slowly. I never seen one that bad, can hardly believe the van drives so nice still although the bigger stickier rubber has made it much more noticeable. Will be fixed tuesday, then will have to take the wheel to be refurbed, don't have a spare though so van is off road for couple of weeks :( Been driving my stilo, forgot how comfy, quiet and fast it is, lovin it. But its going off with one of our staff for work tomorrow - shall have to go borrow daddy's SL500 me thinks, he's in Brussells so he don't need it

Well time for a little update i suppose.
firstly remove all this out the van.
2011-07-01_07_38_44.jpg

Then built this.
2011-07-02_13_42_15.jpg

and then, OH NO!
2011-07-02_17_43_40.jpg

van on the SL's spare wheel, don't worry i didn't drive it on that, the wheel fits in the boot of the SL - just.
2011-07-02_18_01_39.jpg

so go spend £££'s and you get one of these
2011-07-04_16_40_42.jpg

Back to fun stuff... Worlds loudest traffic light??
2011-07-09_18_42_18.jpg

It didn't quite fit in with the bed so a little fettling and adjusting was required but eventually, later on..
2011-08-04_17_19_10.jpg

ITS IN! :) It does now have sides and everything but got no pictures of it.

There is a set of JBL 3 way components sat in the front room to mounted in the front of the van and saving for another set for the rear. Need to go wire it all in today

Other little bits include new Heko wind deflectors
2011-07-10_18_31_00.jpg

2011-07-10_18_30_44.jpg

Also de-wipered the rear but didn't have any grommits that fit the hole, so left the wiper rubbers in with ear defenders in them (my yellow nipples as i call them).
2011-07-10_18_30_23.jpg

Along the way the van has passed its MOT without a cat on it which i was little worried about. Had new drop links and track rod ends but still have a knock which i have not tracked down yet - suspect top mounts. And my mate who does trimming has red and black faux suede on order ;) ;) Lowering in the pipeline as well as the huge brembo 4pots and much much more.

thanks for looking.

Last edited:
Yes i know Jamie, story of my life cats sitting on the cars, they prefer the cinq as its black and hence hotter if that's any consolation..
And i've told you before you can buy it back no worries but i'm not letting it go for less than i gave you for it or at least bloody close to that.

So i have now used the van to stay in over 3 days and i can report its very comfy but it has brought the need for leisure batteries to the forefront. Leisure battery and solar panel update feels imminent.

Back