Sunday, August 16, 2015 - 01:00 AM
Until: Sunday, August 16, 2015 - 04:00 AM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates
Mitcar_plain_logo100px.jpg

DSC09992.JPG

Usually the last event of the season, so hope you can make it!

Please keep an eye on this post as any amendments get posted

When? Sunday 16th August 2015
From? 10:30am onwards
Where? Deene Park
How much? £10 per Italian Car - giving admission to The Great Park plus the castle and gardens

We’re delighted to announce that the 15th edition of MITCAR will keep up the tradition by being held at another new venue. DEENE PARK is adjacent to the village of Deene about 4 miles to the north east of Corby, 12 miles south of Stamford. It is very easily found, clearly sign posted from the A43 Corby to Stamford road.

The design is similar to last year’s superb event at Rockingham Castle. We will have an extensive area of park land for the MITCAR display, with the delightful 16th Century house just a short walk away. Whilst many will want to picnic, the house features a smart tea rooms serving light lunches, tea and cakes. The beautiful gardens will be open from noon and the house will be open from 2pm to 5pm, with guides available to talk about the extensive displays.

MITCAR will open at 10.30am and stewards will be on hand to park the cars by marque. The entrance fee will again be a modest £10 per Italian Car confirming a commitment to give best possible value.

As always visitors in any Italian car will be welcome and we can expect both classics and modern.

There will again be a competition for ‘Car of the Day’ (The Camshaft Trophy and Cup) and this year this will again involve a popular vote. Other awards will be made in different categories with the usual element of surprise. The competitive element is always light-hearted at MITCAR and sometimes the unusual and off-beat is rewarded, which might not be the case in a conventional Concours. It all adds to the fun! Prize giving will be at 3pm and, as has become the custom, all those who filled in voting papers will be entered in a prize draw.

Many will want to picnic and there is also a tea-room. BBQs will be allowed and as normal, FF will be having a BBQ fest :D

Dogs are welcome but must be kept on leash.

Want to be on the stand?

We welcome ALL members and cars on our stand - doesn't matter if your car is standard or modded, old or new. If you want to be with us, all you need to do is:

Click the "Add Me" button in the attendees section at the top.
Fill in your details in the "Event Registration" section of the User CP

Once we arrive at the hall, a member of our team will help you park up, so then head over to the marquee where we'll give you a nice name badge before pointing you over to the *free* refreshments!

Refreshments?

Yes! From 10:30 until about 12:00 will be refreshments - donuts, tea, coffee, soda and biscuits available in the marquee. We welcome you all to come in and have a cuppa and a good old chin wag with our friendly members

Then at around 13:00 - the BBQ will be started, where again, free food will be on offer (along with a load more tea and soda if you need it!)

So - a quick run down?

Meeting points / convoys - no official FF meeting point this year, but feel free to organise your own meet ups in the Convoy section

10:30 - Gates Open
[timetable]10:30 > 12:00 - Coffee Morning
13:00 - Group Photo followed by BBQ Lunch
15:00 - Prize Giving
17:00 - Event Closes[/timetable]

I'm scared / nervous / etc etc

Don't worry if you've never been an event before, or you have but have trouble talking to new people - we've got all this sorted. Everyone will get a name badge when they park up, and members of our team will greet you and introduce you to a few more members - no need to walk up to groups and try and "fit in" - we do it all for you!!

So no excuses!

Can't wait for this, see you all there!

Still not convinced?

Check out the photos from last years A great time had by all!

https://www.fiatforum.com/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=3886

JOIN US!!!

Seeing as though ive been to brooklands and stanford i may as well come to mit car ;) this time though i may bring my better half but shes not a car gal at all and its all a different language to her but everyone is super friendly so i dont think she will feel too out of place

ImageUploadedByFIAT Forum1435954557.682983.jpgImageUploadedByFIAT Forum1435954629.133045.jpg

Pheasey

Seeing as though ive been to brooklands and stanford i may as well come to mit car ;) this time though i may bring my better half but shes not a car gal at all and its all a different language to her but everyone is super friendly so i dont think she will feel too out of place

View attachment 157009View attachment 157010

Pheasey

mitcar is the best one to take her too then its always set some where that is a good day out for people even if they dont want to look at cars

check out the place http://www.deenepark.com/

Last edited:
Was planning to attend and just about to book accommodation for the Sat. evening, when I have just been informed of a farewell party that it is important for me to attend:mad: So will have to wait for the next meet up

Why don't we do it there then? :) is it a tescos or a pay and display?

Ill have a look for it when i get home had a wuick look and spotted this tesco car park though which is just down the road from deene park. Dont know if it will be big enough though ImageUploadedByFIAT Forum1437571079.777319.jpg

Pheasey

Just had another look, my sat nav said open car park so i assume it will be free and with it being on a sunday means it will probably be free and its only a 6.9 mile drive to deene park (12 minutes) about the same distance to the tesco (nn188al) i posted before

Pheasey

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByFIAT Forum1437611595.367941.jpg
    ImageUploadedByFIAT Forum1437611595.367941.jpg
    225 KB · Views: 67
Just had another look, my sat nav said open car park so i assume it will be free and with it being on a sunday means it will probably be free and its only a 6.9 mile drive to deene park (12 minutes) about the same distance to the tesco (nn188al) i posted before

Pheasey

anyone local who can go along to check it out this sunday

Back