General How To Repair Fiat Ppunto Wiper Linkage

Currently reading:
General How To Repair Fiat Ppunto Wiper Linkage

I have used 2 old linkages to make one decent one, measure cut and pop rivet together (as it's U shaped you can expand one rod and put the other inside and rivet together) get a new rod with 2 good ends!

In thoery - if your good at doing stuff - you could turn on a lathe a new set of Ball joints - and weld the the new joints into place
Keeping the original bushing on the linkages and hey presto - Tight and good working linkages

Tbh the bushing in mine are also going (So where the spindle joins the wipers arm)
has like 3mm play from side to side

So very very juddery wipers from time to time

Ziggy

Pointless turning new balls! It's the inserts that wear not the metal balls. It's usually only one joint that fails so you end up with one decent end and one worn one, Anyway turning balls is a b...h of a job even with the proper tool(Which I have somewhere and used once in 20 yrs) Wouldn't even bother setting up the lathe to do it. Another way is to buy rose joints and change the whole set up but they're expensive. Cheapest way is to cannibalize two linkages. just make sure you measure correctly to get the right throw on the wiper.

Back