Technical Ducato DPF errors

Currently reading:
Technical Ducato DPF errors

That's a great help thanks, hope I can find some hose to fit those silly filter connectors!

Any thoughts on the DPF spray can cleaner?

Great thanks! That MAP sensor looks tricky!
So I got 2 cans of diesel purge and went to do it when I realised if I put the filter to engine pipe in the purge bottle, the lift pump will just pump fuel out the disconnected filter pipe.
How would you do it? Just connect a hose to it and let it into a jerry can?

I also got a spray can of DPF cleaner. Supposed to spray it in through the Lambda? sensor. Or could it go in the Differential pressure sensor pipe?
Says to do a regen after but I don't really want to. So just drive it?

Thanks for all the advice.
What is the DPF cleaner? any URL

This is off the back of the can. (Done with Google lens so maybe some text errors)

MSI DPF and Catalytic Converter Cleaner dissolves and removes all contamination and soot residues from the particulate filter and the catalytic converter with any disassembling. OPF and Catalytic Converter Clear restores the complete function of DPF and Catalytic Converter. This product is also ideal for EGR-valve cleaning

Application

Shake the can well before use! (Approx. Imin) Dismantle the temperature, pressure sensor or access port on the DPF/catalytic converter and insert the prote through the opening. Spray the cleaner with the probe inserted into the particulate filter / catalytic converter in 5-second intervals until the DPF/catalytic converter is completely filled with the foam. Close the opening after application. When the cleaner has been applied the deposits are released and dispersed in the particulate filter/catalytic converter. During the normal drive aperation the micro-fine dirt particles combust. Restart the regeneration process through a workshop tester Finally remove the faulty memory entry or delete the existing errors. Afterwards perform a test drive Consisting of about 20 minutes. DPF/Catalytic converter Deaner is usable for all closed particulate filter Systems Check the oil level before cleaning. Dil change necessary if oil dilution is performed with diesel for recommend to add the MSI DPF Power Clean into the fu an optimized regeneration in diesel engines we tank after doing the test drive. For petrol engines we recommend MSI Catalytic Converter and Lambda Sensor Power Clean. Ona bottle is sufficient for one applicatio particulate filter/Catalytic converter

This is off the back of the can. (Done with Google lens so maybe some text errors)

MSI DPF and Catalytic Converter Cleaner dissolves and removes all contamination and soot residues from the particulate filter and the catalytic converter with any disassembling. OPF and Catalytic Converter Clear restores the complete function of DPF and Catalytic Converter. This product is also ideal for EGR-valve cleaning

Application

Shake the can well before use! (Approx. Imin) Dismantle the temperature, pressure sensor or access port on the DPF/catalytic converter and insert the prote through the opening. Spray the cleaner with the probe inserted into the particulate filter / catalytic converter in 5-second intervals until the DPF/catalytic converter is completely filled with the foam. Close the opening after application. When the cleaner has been applied the deposits are released and dispersed in the particulate filter/catalytic converter. During the normal drive aperation the micro-fine dirt particles combust. Restart the regeneration process through a workshop tester Finally remove the faulty memory entry or delete the existing errors. Afterwards perform a test drive Consisting of about 20 minutes. DPF/Catalytic converter Deaner is usable for all closed particulate filter Systems Check the oil level before cleaning. Dil change necessary if oil dilution is performed with diesel for recommend to add the MSI DPF Power Clean into the fu an optimized regeneration in diesel engines we tank after doing the test drive. For petrol engines we recommend MSI Catalytic Converter and Lambda Sensor Power Clean. Ona bottle is sufficient for one applicatio particulate filter/Catalytic converter
This type of product does not clean the soot chemically or mechanically by flushing but acts as a Catalyst to reduce the temperature of Regeneration. Personally I would not use this type of cleaner on a Fiat with a forced regen, it may be acceptable for other makes but Ducatos have a little history of dpf issues.
I suspect your dpf needs a physical/ chemical removal of the contamination contents not just conversion. Remove the dpf or use vetch dpf cleaner. Your air flow and Turbo mismatch of desired to actual values may indicate a strangulation of breathing possible lpegr strainer blockage even though no p401

Ok, so I have run a can of egr/carb cleaner through the intake to hopefully help the EGR's.
Due to the lift pump setup and inaccessibility of the return pipe I was unable to work out how to run on diesel purge. My plan now it to remove the filter, fill it up with purge and run it on it.
I will then do a Data record to see if it has helped at all.

As for the DPF, I am having trouble finding anyone to take it out any time soon. So is there a system to do it without forcing a regen? Most of the products I have read about say force a regen after or drive for 20min. But there is no guarantee it will regen in 20 min

I used the JLM cleaner, part 1 bottle went in ok, but for the second part there should be foam coming out the exhaust, but nothing. As I pulled out for a drive I noticed a wet patch on the floor. Looks like most of the bottle. Does this mean a crack in the DPF?
Went for a drive anyway, 25klm in 4th @2-2.5k revs. No light, it was coming on after 5klm before. It did a regen and filter is at 7.5%.
25klm home again and all is fine!

error code p1206 cleared and not returned. Test 3 carried out after all above cleaning.

1 injector variances still out of spec further clean or new injectors
JB-injectorvariance.jpg

JB Test3 postclean Injector variance19-5-22.jpg

2 Air intake boost higher values after cleaning even with reduced rpm
JB-Air intake and boost.jpg

JB-Test3 Air intake and boost19-5-22 .jpg

3 LPEGR temp was 75-85C now 90-100C valve movement simular
JB-LPEGR.jpg

JB Test3 LPEGR 19-5-22.jpg

4 dpf sensor regulaly above 200 upto 300 now max 120
JB-DPFsensor.jpg

JB-Test3DPFsensor19-5-22 .jpg

300klm later and I am back to the same issues. p1206 but only 69% clogged and normal clogging

300klm later and I am back to the same issues. p1206 but only 69% clogged and normal clogging
JB-injectorvariancetest3 29-5-22.jpg

JB 29-5-22 Test3 LPEGR.jpg
JB 29-5-22 Test3 DPF sensor.jpg

JB 29-5-22 Test3 Air boost".jpg

James is the exhaust pipe clean or is a white rag (kitchen towel) clean sooty or oily when wiped
The DPF is Blocked or in need of replacement as are injectors @BobSlo any comments?

I'm getting prices of €210+ vat per injector. They are Bosch ones and can be tested but not reconditioned

Ok, so I have just taken all the injectors out (surprised at how easy it was!) and I am bringing them to a place to be tested tomorrow.
Assuming I will be putting some new ones in, how do I program them to the engine? Is it done in MES?

Ok, so I have just taken all the injectors out (surprised at how easy it was!) and I am bringing them to a place to be tested tomorrow.
Assuming I will be putting some new ones in, how do I program them to the engine? Is it done in MES?
Yes
Can't access mes right now in a list on right hand side of menu f6, f7 ?

There are 2 different injectors in it is this correct?
Part number for 2 ends in 520 and 2 end in 418

Ok, just heard back from the injector place.
He said injectors are A1! He was 100% confident they are ok and within spec.
Great that I don't have to spend on a new set, but where do I look now?

So I did another DPF clean with the JLM 2 pack stuff. More successful this time, loads of foam out the exhaust.
Drove fine for 250klm, better econony, did a regen on its own, now after another 110klm I have p1206 and limp mode again.
It seems to be when it tried to do a regen. Even tho filter is at 45% normal clogging.
As soon as the MIL comes on the Particle filter status changes from "normal clogging" to "to be regenerated".

What tells it to do a regen? Could it be faulty?

Seriously thinking about a DPF delete, Ive come across a couple of people recently who have had it done successfully.

Back