Castle Combe
Saturday, June 29, 2013 - 01:00 AM
Until: Saturday, June 29, 2013 - 04:00 AM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates
Re: Castle Combe Classic & Retro Action Day

Look forward to see how the wheels look. (y)

By the way, it's not a Buick Riviera, it's a Buick Skylark! you'll have to get the name right once it's yours. :p

:eek: Where did I get that from then?? There was a Riviera though wasn't there :eek: or have I gone madder than Mr McMad the Mad Hatter?!!

Notice how I ignored the last part of your posting. Nope, not even vaguely interested, no not me, not at all, no.............. ;)

I'll be interested to see what the wheels look like too - rushed the car back in from the rain before I looked properly :bang: I think it's safe to say it looks more vicious than it did before. :devil:

Last edited:

I'll definately have a wander over to your stand what pitch are you? I'm in my gp for this one still taking it round the track though I'll hopefully have it filmed and I'll stick the results up.

Would be good to see you. We're meant to be F7/8/9 near the cafe - there's a map attached to post 28 if you don't have one (y)

I'll definately have a wander over to your stand what pitch are you? I'm in my gp for this one still taking it round the track though I'll hopefully have it filmed and I'll stick the results up.

We've got 7,8 and 9 right outside the cafeteria. (y)

Where did I get that from then?? There was a Riviera though wasn't there
redface.gif
or have I gone madder than Mr McMad the Mad Hatter?!!

There is such a thing as a Buick Riviera, I've probably told you at some point it's what I'd always wanted, but the Skylark is close enough. :)

Just to thank everyone for a fabulous day out; and especially to Palio for both organizing it and acting as my wingman-cum-cameraman, when doing the Parade Lap...! Great fun...! (y)

Sorry that I bailed out early -- especially to VmanC: I hope you had fun in the CLX....! Thankfully, my timing was impeccable: within twenty minutes of getting home, I was hit by a sledgehammer of a migraine that I've only just started to recover from.... :eek:

Hope everyone got home safely, and in one piece (you know who you are...); and look forward to seeing many of you at Stanford Hall, next Sunday. :)

Lots of piccies to follow: including a Spider and a Buick Skyline(!?) going at warp speeds...! :D

Phew, just got back! Castle Combe is only four miles from my home town so I always pay the family a visit at the same time.

Yep, thanks Gavin for organising this, it's very quickly becoming my favourite show of the year :D

Sorry to hear about your migraine Stephen, hope you've got it under control now. Mike took your place in the clx, I think he enjoyed it, he was totally silent all the time we were on the track and didn't say much after either :p

I have some pics to load too but that will be tomorrow now.

Yesterday was actually Pippin's birthday...! :D

Anyway: here, in no particular order, are the cars on the FIAT stand.... That funny blue one, on the right, is a FIAT Skylark, I believe: :rolleyes:

And here's the nicest-sounding 127 I've ever encountered... :cool:

...next to a last-minute-polished 750L 'Formula'. (One of us may be along, later, to explain this....) (y)

A pair of Pandys: :)

A very nice Spider (with the proud owner in the background... -- no, the one on the left...): :cool:

And here I am auditioning for Top Gear magazine.... :p

One of my favourite Pandas (even with those wheels on... ) -- although I'm a little sad I didn't get to experience this on the track.... :(

A very nice Tipo (which is powered by sixteen voles, I believe...). ;)

Me, trying to be arty.... :confused:

A 'proper' shot of the Coop.... :yum:

Some nice American chrome: :cool:

"That's a funny-looking FIAT!" ;)

Beau Selecta (which I rather coveted...). :yum:

A couple of shots of the Spider on the circuit: :cool:

And three of the Dukes of Hibberd.... :devil:

What a hero...! :eek:

It was a good day out! I enjoyed going around the circuit even though parts of it were so slow it was like being stuck on the motorway in rush hour. I am pleased to hear that Homeward got home safely. We eventually got home at 10.30 pm having been to Bristol and then Chippenham and then the pub for dinner. I was definitely running on empty by the time we got home! The car was good though. :)

Ok, here's some more of my pics, not all of them as there are a few too many of the Buick on its fast laps. :eek:

First off the parade laps........

Here's some of The stand..........

I took the Buick on a fast parade session in the morning and the same with the clx in the afternoon. Here are a few of the Buicks stint, I didn't get any of the clx as we had to leave straight after so weren't able to collect any pics from the on site photographer.

Homeward! I'm going to Stanford Hall so you can bring Betty's things there. (y)

Last edited:

Glad everyone enjoyed it (y)

Better late than never, here's some videos and photos from Saturday. Sorry, been a bit under the weather & only just sorted them out.
homeward I love your arty shot of the Coupe - can you let me have a high res version of it please if you don't charge too much? ;)

Here's the birthday Panda, Pippin, doing the parade lap - it's a bit long, and not a lot happens, but enjoy........ :D

And 3 versions of Vernon thrashing his CLX :p

And some pics - left it a bit late, so some of the cars had gone by the time I took them :doh:

(y)

Last edited:

Ok, here's some more of my pics...

Very nice, too! Thanks again for the Pippin ones... -- proof, Mr Didge3, that a 750 can keep up with the best of them.... ;)

Homeward! I'm going to Stanford Hall so you can bring Betty's things there. (y)

Ta muchly! See you there...! (y)

Glad everyone enjoyed it (y)

It was fantastic; and I want to do it again! Next time, I may bring the Punto, and go out on a fast lap. May make for a slightly more exciting video.... :p

Sorry, been a bit under the weather & only just sorted them out.

Hope you're feeling better. It's going to be hot, again, at Stanford.... :eek:

homeward I love your arty shot of the Coupe - can you let me have a high res version of it please if you don't charge too much? ;)

Sent to your BT address. It's 2Mb: so, if it doesn't make it through, let me know.... :cool:

Here's the birthday Panda, Pippin, doing the parade lap - it's a bit long, and not a lot happens, but enjoy........ :D

We need to polish up our Murray Walker and Martin Brundle impressions, methinks.... I fell asleep before the first chicane...! :devil:

Last edited:

Very nice, too! Thanks again for the Pippin ones... -- proof, Mr Didge3, that a 750 can keep up with the best of them.... ;)

Ta muchly! See you there...! (y)

It was fantastic; and I want to do it again! Next time, I may bring the Punto, and go out on a fast lap. May make for a slightly more exciting video.... :p

Hope you're feeling better. It's going to be hot, again, at Stanford.... :eek:

Sent to your BT address. It's 2Mb: so, if it doesn't make it through, let me know.... :cool:

We need to polish up our Murray Walker and Martin Brundle impressions, methinks.... I fell asleep before the first chicane...! :devil:

Thanks for the pic (y) it's come through on the phone, so will be on the computer in the morning - may get a print of this with a black frame :cool:

I think we were trying to keep inane drivel off the video, but yes it wouldn't have harmed it to have SOMETHING happening - maybe someone could edit in a few explosions like that old 405 advert from the '80's :idea:

:cool: indeed...! (y)

Dare I ask how the wheels are...? Or did you leave them somewhere on the M4...? :devil:

They stayed on thanks :rolleyes: Something not right but I may run it round to my tyre place next week & tell them some complete moron tried to fit them for me, ahem!! :eek: Or I might put the proper ones back on :doh:

Back