Saturday, June 29, 2013 - 01:00 AM
Until: Saturday, June 29, 2013 - 04:00 AM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates
Re: Castle Combe Classic & Retro Action Day

Hi Gavin,

We can bring just the one Panda if there are others wanting to attend, and why wouldn't they, it's one of the best shows of the year!

Not at all - oddly I have exactly the number of tickets to cars. It's just that I want people to be definite as spares can find a home if they haven't been posted out. You're 2 definites - no arguing! :D

@firecolour - Hi Colin - Please confirm your daughter would still like to bring the Panda & pm me her name/address/mobile number if so.

Just spoken to her. She works on a Saturday and is too skint to take the day off to attend. Thank you very much for first dibs on the tickets but she won't be able to take advantage. Next possible event for firecolour (car park only!) will be the Sunday at the Castle Combe Retro Race Weekened if anyone is there for that?

@firecolour - Hi Colin - Please confirm your daughter would still like to bring the Panda & pm me her name/address/mobile number if so.

Just spoken to her. She works on a Saturday and is too skint to take the day off to attend. Thank you very much for first dibs on the tickets but she won't be able to take advantage. Next possible event for firecolour (car park only!) will be the Sunday at the Castle Combe Retro Race Weekened if anyone is there for that?

Thanks for letting me know.

Thanks also for everyone else confirming.

I think I have now sorted out who's attending this.

There should be 1 spare ticket, so if anyone else would like to go to this, please let me know.

At present I think we have the following cars going:

1. Panda Classic 750 (Pippin)
2. Panda Classic
3. Panda Classic
4. Panda mk3
5. 124 Spyder
6. Uno Selecta
7. 127 1050CL
8. Tipo Sedicivalvole
9. Something Fiat shaped (when I decide which!)
10. Available

Will try to post everything out in the next couple of days. (y)

I have attached a scan of the Castle Combe map and event info for you all.
homeward MR PANDY VmanC Panda Mo please let me know if you have any questions or can't download it for any reason. My computer always says downloads are unsafe from FF - ignore it if you get this message - it's not a virus, just a scan of bits of paper! ;)

We are at F7/F8/F9 green on the map - competitors entrance is where we come in.

I will be posting stuff off tomorrow (probably, maybe - soon anyway! :eek: ). As well as the ticket (getting the car & driver in - any passenger's will have to pay at the gate) there is a voucher for a breakfast buttie & drink at reduced rate - to get that you'll have to be there before 9 though!! :rolleyes: No idea when I will get there yet - maybe the lure of a bacon roll will get me moving......

Still a ticket available for anyone else who wants to go (y)

Attachments

• Castle Combe info 190613.PDF
    3.2 MB · Views: 58

I am planning to get to Castle Combe for about 9.30 - I think a 7.30 start is plenty early enough! :rolleyes:

If I'm not around when you get there, it's either because you're earlier than me, or I've gone off for a healthy salad (or fry up ;) ) in the cafe. I'd like to tell you which car is mine, but I haven't decided yet - if the black Tipo Sedici is there, I'm about as we're convoying across from Bourne End. I think you have my mobile number for any problems - not that I can help necessarily, but may be able to sympathise or laugh, as (in)appropriate :)

At present I'm expecting 9/10 cars, but there could be up to 12, so we need that much space if you're there early - space does tend to be tight so it's a bit of a battle with other clubs usually. The booking said Fiat Motor Club/Fiat Forum but the tickets had the usual FMC on the envelope - whatever the sign says, the green bit on your map is where we need to find space!! (y)

P.S. I think you may need your driving licence for any proper track sessions. You don't for the club cruise round the circuit (which is free, and also Panda friendly) - not sure about the new mid paced parade laps.

Last edited:

Still got tickets for this - another couple now available! Still 9 cars going, but 3 extra spaces (y)

Free day out motor racing with plenty of :cool: cars to dribble over. £15 on the gate, 100% discount here - can't seem to give em away!! Not bothered what car you have, Italian would be good, but anything vaguely interesting ok.

Damn could of popped to this :/ got any cinqs/seis on the stand?

Damn could of popped to this :/ got any cinqs/seis on the stand?

No I don't think so, but the Cento Rebels are also there per the reply a couple of posts up. (y)

I think we are likely to have 2/3 mk2 Panda's, a mk3 Panda, Buick Riviera (which keeps trying, mostly unsuccessfully ;) , to look like a Panda!), 124 Spyder, Uno Selecta, Tipo Sedicivalvole, 127 1050CL (being modded) and a Coupe 20v. If that's about 9/10 I probably haven't forgotten anyone!!! (y)

We may have a guest appearance from a Mond@* but he likes Fiats and may not have the nerve to park with us - though I said he could, so no poking fun at the Dag Dustbin :devil:

Last edited:

No idea when I will get there yet - maybe the lure of a bacon roll will get me moving...

I'll probably get there nice and early... -- if only so I can give Pippin a polish...! I may even succumb to a nice bacon buttie.... :eek:

It's been raining here all day; and all I've managed to do is remove a bucketful of mud and damp pollen, in between showers. I need a garage/workshop/lock-up.... :bang:

Just to make my day, it looks like the Punto's HG is starting to weep.... I've dropped it off at the garage for a thorough diagnosis.... :mad:

I'll probably get there nice and early... -- if only so I can give Pippin a polish...! I may even succumb to a nice bacon buttie.... :eek:

It's been raining here all day; and all I've managed to do is remove a bucketful of mud and damp pollen, in between showers. I need a garage/workshop/lock-up.... :bang:

Just to make my day, it looks like the Punto's HG is starting to weep.... I've dropped it off at the garage for a thorough diagnosis.... :mad:

That wasn't a like for the Punto bit you understand! :bang:

I have also been struggling with the weather today, so it had better be dry tomorrow now the car's clean. Expecting to get there 9.15/9.30 tomorrow if all goes to plan (y)

I stupidly decided to swap wheels - it seemed a good idea at the time. Suffice to say I've ripped up my application to join Ferrari's F1 pitcrew - it took at least an hour & a half, and nearly killed me in the process :doh:

That wasn't a like for the Punto bit you understand! :bang:

I have also been struggling with the weather today, so it had better be dry tomorrow now the car's clean. Expecting to get there 9.15/9.30 tomorrow if all goes to plan (y)

I stupidly decided to swap wheels - it seemed a good idea at the time. Suffice to say I've ripped up my application to join Ferrari's F1 pitcrew - it took at least an hour & a half, and nearly killed me in the process :doh:

Look forward to see how the wheels look. (y)

By the way, it's not a Buick Riviera, it's a Buick Skylark! you'll have to get the name right once it's yours. :p

Back