Tuning 2015 1.2 sportex exhaust

Currently reading:
Tuning 2015 1.2 sportex exhaust

callisr

Hi,

We have a 2015 500 1.2 sport and the original exhaust has finally expired.

My question is wether anyone has fitted this

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/27637716...IB0x4z9Tp6&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

The listing only lists cars up to 2014 but I was under the impression that all 1.2 exhaust systems are the same with the only exception being the chrome tail pipe application….

Cheers for any advice!

Rich

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
I had loads of issues fitting aftermarket exhausts as they all hit into the chassis when driving and going over small bumps etc even with brand new exhaust hanger rubbers.

Bare that in mind if you buy it from somewhere and make sure it’s easy to send back and free if possible.

I bought genuine in the end from shop4parts and was only around £100 ish, my local dealer must have misheard me asking for the price of one and they said something like £480 (not fitted), I still think he quoted me for a Ferrari exhaust

I think you'll be safe. I would say it is definitely road legal, as it has back box on it. Only negative with it is that isn't stainless.

Wouldnt say that just because it has a back box that makes it legal by default!, the flow design, baffling, and materials all impact the amount of decibels a system puts out! has to meet the legal requirements regardless of if it LOOKS or mimics a standard system!

IMG_4366.jpeg

If its the manufacturer saying its legal !,then as long as thats in writing when you purchase, then you have legal recourse!- IF it turns out that it is not! so all good!

Back