Technical Exhaust help needed.

Currently reading:
Technical Exhaust help needed.

Dobbslc

Hi the exhaust has broken on my boys 2012 500, its snapped right at the end of the middle pipe. The exhausts I've seen at Euro car parts and other places shows the joint about 12" from the back box but on his the middle pipe section connects right into the rear box. Is there different types or is this old one an odd after market one that I'll struggle to find a new middle pipe section for. Thanks..

If you're saying that car has a one piece middle and back box then you have two choices; buy a middle and back box separately or; buy another one piece middle and back box. Either option is fine, take the cheapest option.

Last edited:
I have never found buying a part exhaust cost effective when the systems are cheap and fitted to a smmall car. The whole thing can be had from about £90. epER will show you what the parts should be and the part numbers. You can google the part number to get an idea of the range of available parts. If its a 1 piece its possible an original. An exhaust place will just cut it at the right place to allow a join. I fitted a system from a UK firm selling on ebay to our panda. It was a year ago and it still looks and sounds good. cost then was £80. Just check the bore of the pipeat the front before ordering.

Hi the exhaust has broken on my boys 2012 500, its snapped right at the end of the middle pipe. The exhausts I've seen at Euro car parts and other places shows the joint about 12" from the back box but on his the middle pipe section connects right into the rear box. Is there different types or is this old one an odd after market one that I'll struggle to find a new middle pipe section for. Thanks..
Maybe this

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Screenshot_20240409-084243.png
This is like the one I've ordered.
With the section that goes over the rear axle beam.

Back