Technical '06 Panda crank sensor issue.....

Currently reading:
Technical '06 Panda crank sensor issue.....

Sure no worries I'll just post my findings when i do but if you could consider them as ok and give me another place to check I'd be grateful

Right we need to be sure

Red and white to any black and purple should be near to battery voltage

Before at ignition on we were dropping 3.5V but the battery wasn't

While cranking it should remain above 8.5V, I picked that figure as that's the minimum the body computer needs, the ECU need slightly less but don't have the exact specifications

Assuming that's okay we need to clear the codes

Switch the ignition off and back on and read the codes again

With the scanner data logging the RPM and voltage, see if the 3 second delay is still present

Bottom right pin: ignition off: 12.20v
Ignition on: 12.01v
Cranking: 9.95v->10.00v

Bottom left pin: ignition off: 12.20v
Ignition on: 11.99v
Cranking: 9.57v->10.07v

Top left pin: ignition off: 12.20v
Ignition on: 11.98v
Cranking: 9.53v->9.85v

Top right pin: ignition off 12.20v
Ignition on: 11.97v
Cranking: 9.37v->9.81v

Hello everyone hope you're having a nice weekend/holiday, these are the values i got after taking a lot of time making sure by probing from behind but keep in mind that on and cranking are dropping after every crank and second value while cranking is after about 2-3 seconds of continuous cranking hope these values clears any suspicions but now they seem normal to me

Hello everyone hope you're having a nice weekend/holiday, these are the values i got after taking a lot of time making sure by probing from behind but keep in mind that on and cranking are dropping after every crank and second value while cranking is after about 2-3 seconds of continuous cranking hope these values clears any suspicions but now they seem normal to me
Normal

So what's next then? And by the way i think the bcm is the one lacking the proper power because sometimes the neutral beep when ignition closes doesn't trigger and this is the first time it does that twice too

Does that mean it's different to here

While plugged ignition off the 2 on the left are giving battery voltage with the red and white but the 2 on the right are giving 9.6 and 9.3 v up and down respectively
The meter must have been okay here as two of the four wires were okay

Does that mean it's different to here

The meter must have been okay here as two of the four wires were okay
No no forget the old one for some reason it you don't push the prob extremely hard you won't get a right value so apparently last time i didn't push the prob all the way in because this time i was sure because i started with ignition off getting the same battery value then continue with ignition on than cranking

And now we touched things we need to confirm everything, is still the same

Clear the codes

Switch the ignition off and back on and read the codes again

If everything is the same, there shouldn't be any

With the scanner data logging the RPM and voltage, see if the 3 second delay is still present

Have the same codes come back

I'll have it checked tomorrow but keep in mind that the voltage is normal but RPM was delayed a lot but I'll monitor them both together while at it

Hello there just managed to check them and this is the video before the battery died anyway as you can see now there is something illogical as there is voltage spikes on ignition on without cranking on the ECU and these are faults that were acting previously but this time showed up no idea what is their problem

Attachments

• VID_20240325_104834.mp4
    16.5 MB
  • IMG_20240325_104512.jpg
    IMG_20240325_104512.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 5
  • IMG_20240325_104432.jpg
    IMG_20240325_104432.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 6
And on the ECU forgot to take a picture of the faults but it was RPM sensor and the phonic relearns fault with a total of 5 faults on the ECU

This time we have RPM and cranking at the same time

The RPM is a valid speed

The massive spikes aren't good, the brake switch will be the new beep from the gearbox.

There pretty short, too quick for a multimeter to measure

Do you have the CODE card for car

And the brake switch randomly shows up although it is functioning properly and while at it which code card are you referring to?

The immobiliser CODE was printed on a card

It allowed the accelerator pedal to input the CODE incase of key fail

It was given with the car except here in the UK where you have to ask for it from the main dealer

It can be read directly from the body computer with the right equipment

Screenshot_20240325-100205.png

Screenshot_20240325-100456.png

Screenshot_20240325-100800.png

This noise needs addressing

Without a clean power and ground, the sensors and communication will not work

Even if the door was opening and closing it should not drop as much as cranking

If you just switch the ignition on and leave it

Does it settle down

View attachment 440796

This noise needs addressing

Without a clean power and ground, the sensors and communication will not work

Even if the door was opening and closing it should not drop as much as cranking

If you just switch the ignition on and leave it

Does it settle down
First the door was closed and the pumps had filled their pressures and went out, so these spikes came with only ignition on while I'm sitting in the car nothing else

If you can get it to settle a bit you can try nudging a few cables gently, while watching the scan tool and see if you can make the spikes appear in time with the taps

Start with the big things

Gently tap the ECU once every second, is the a corresponding spike

Gently tap the BCM once every second, is the a corresponding spike

Wiggle the chassis lead

Tap the joint purple and black wire join

And so on

Back