Technical '06 Panda crank sensor issue.....

Currently reading:
Technical '06 Panda crank sensor issue.....

Right

Sounds like the problem is in the joint

It's quite a big joint, a home soldering iron isn't going to work,

I guess we have no options left accept to cut the insulation off and see what we are dealing with

I have a goot 30w solder iron should be able to handle it but I'm lacking the soldering flux dunno if i can make it without the flux or if the soldering will be any good without it

Shockingly no soldering the wires are simply pressed on each other and the covering aka the so called shrink tube is some sort of hard plastic melted casing with some kind of rubber inside it

Attachments

• IMG_20240323_133532.jpg
    IMG_20240323_133532.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 16
Possibly a shorted wire between the loom and the merge?

Attachments

• VID_20240323_133950.mp4
    26.6 MB
Nevermind double checked again it is 0 ohm from the joint to the pins it was a multimeter malfunction

We need near to zero between the battery negative and all the black and purple pins

Because they are only pushed together it likely they will be intermittent and change as moved

I take it the battery terminal to here is zero ohms

It's not a good way to make a joint, shame on fiat.

It needs to be 100% reliable before we can move on

We need near to zero between the battery negative and all the black and purple pins

Because they are only pushed together it likely they will be intermittent and change as moved

I take it the battery terminal to here is zero ohms

It's not a good way to make a joint, shame on fiat.

It needs to be 100% reliable before we can move on
Yeah I'm gonna go solder it and put some rtv silicone like they had it in there and measure between the negative and the pins

And the weird part is that they had something like the glue of a glue gun covering the whole package that's what gave the look of shrink tube lol

But no offense there mate it's a clever idea and better than shrink tube it cuts the air perfectly that's why as you said it never failed and still never have

You can't make an effective solder joint without flux. Just go and get some.
Alright thanks there mate but i already smudged it with silicon gasket closing it fully and I'll do another layer when it dries to be sure

But that's not the issue. The problem is what the heck is wrong with that damn car???????

So do we now have a reliable low ohms between
The battery negative and the 4 black and purple wires

Do we now have the correct voltage between the red and white and black and purple cable at ignition on

Last edited:
Couldn't try because the silicone did not dry I'll mount it tomorrow and start measuring

And btw i found the bud that sticks and vent on the back of the ECU and mounted it turns out the idiot broke it by putting the battery on it when he was testing the ECU

Back