Technical '06 Panda crank sensor issue.....

Currently reading:
Technical '06 Panda crank sensor issue.....

But why the 3 flashes when the vehicle fails to start? And the last one is longer than usual whereas normally it's on for a brief second until the car starts meaning that the immobilizer granted the ECU permission to start and on the scan tool I'm receiving an allowed on the ECU part but can the bcm prevent the ECU from reading the CPS in any way?

Not the sensor colours but the wiring loom itself, the bit it plugs into

Is the loom been repaired here
Not while with me but it seems the same color all the way back to the ecu gonna go and double check in the ecu loom

Normal key on sequence

If you don't walk away from the car with the and retry it sometimes gets a little confused

It will come back on with a bad block ground will cause the immobiliser light to come on but the oil light normally goes out to

IMG_20230904_100716.jpg

For the light to go out its got two way communication

My car is weird aswell bcz when i changed the timing belt the part seller was surprised to see that i had the wide belt not the narrow one which was far more common for the pandas in my country

These are the wires braided together and on the ecu side i could find the respective colors but ain't sure if they are all the way it's green white and gray black

Attachments

• IMG_20240306_171559.jpg
    IMG_20240306_171559.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 9
Mmm

Can not match up the wiring diagrams

No matter

What number are on the ECU

Post a close up of the ECU plugs both sides, let's see if there is anything obvious first

Although I still think is a wiring issue as the battery charge light wasn't right in the beginning

I already traced them back to the upper plug on the ecu and marked them will send you a picture tomorrow morning because it's raining now and night already

One more thing is that the insulation came off midway down the engine and was repaired and having heard a lot how bad fiat wirings are i didn't want to take a chance so i replaced about 6 inches of the wires that had the copper with slight corrosion starting to build up so I changed both segments off the wires both the signal and ground as i read on the internet but apparently the oil sensor wasn't firmly seated I'll try and make sure tomorrow and will send you an updated video and this one is from before we started messing with the ECU so you can say that this is the main way the car used to behave because today i searched all day between the ECU and cps and there's a lot still disassembled.
One more thing that could help us that the check engine light has always been slightly dimmer than it should be because of i give order for it to light up through the scan tool it lights slightly brighter than shown in the videos

Mmm

Can not match up the wiring diagrams

No matter

What number are on the ECU

Post a close up of the ECU plugs both sides, let's see if there is anything obvious first

Although I still think is a wiring issue as the battery charge light wasn't right in the beginning
Even in this video when it all started?

Do you think there's something faulty with the alternator that made the fault on the gearbox?

I can only deal with what's in front of me

Deal with the no RPM

Then deal with a thing left over

Does the end of the RPM sensor and the pulley line up nicely is the gap Check that the gap between the rpm sensor between 0.5 and 1.5 mm

Ok so from the left to the right if you can see the mark on the pins in the picture it's gonna be 9th on the first row and 7th on the 2nd row of the upper plug

Attachments

• IMG_20240307_082302.jpg
    IMG_20240307_082302.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 6
I can only deal with what's in front of me

Deal with the no RPM

Then deal with a thing left over

Does the end of the RPM sensor and the pulley line up nicely is the gap Check that the gap between the rpm sensor between 0.5 and 1.5 mm
As for the gap it's around 1.25mm

Ok so from the left to the right if you can see the mark on the pins in the picture it's gonna be 9th on the first row and 7th on the 2nd row of the upper plug
Matches up with the diagram for the euro 5 egine

Pin 9 and 23

Screenshot_20240307_085132.jpg

But the colours don't match

Attachments

• Fiat Wiring Colour Codes.pdf
    70.1 KB · Views: 6
I owned the car for about 5 years functioning properly like that but started acting 6 months ago

Back