Technical 500x 1.4 Multiair Lounge 2016 Misfire Solved with Multiecuscan

Currently reading:
Technical 500x 1.4 Multiair Lounge 2016 Misfire Solved with Multiecuscan

I should claim some commision from Ecumultiscan :cool: Trust me I would NOT recommend something if it did not work and this worked fine for me (so far)
I was not allowed to post when the problem arose as my varification emails were all filtered out as spam by the ISP.

So I solved it without assistance but thought I would post here in case anyone else has the same problem:

The car was starting and driving fine except when you got around 2000 - 2500 RPM it would suddenly judder and hold back. I was quite worried and thought it may be connected with this 'Check Brake System' light that kept coming on. I thought maybe the brakes were grabbing if the system showed I was too close to the car in front or something.

If I eased off the gas slightly it would pass through and once it was passed that rev range it was fine. I got the Multiecuscan software and an inexpensive interface (about £6) and ran the test. You can see that it not only says it is an ignition problem but it told me which cylinder. Not one to spend money where not needed I bought a set of plugs and just one coil. I replaced the coil and plug in number 1 cylinder and it completely solved the problem.

Withought that accurate diagnosis I would probably have started by changing ALL the coils - and they are not cheap! So I am very pleased with the software ....... so far

Attachments

• Multiecu Ignition Problem.jpg
    Multiecu Ignition Problem.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 29
Good to hear it worked

I take it your interface has
"changed the look" of the display

That isn't how most on here display their MES results..

It's conventionally Very Blue
Really? Hmmm I wonder if it is either due to the year of the software or the fact mine is the paid version? I didnt bother with the free one as it is not a lot of money to give people doing the work and making it all good. I also think they answer all queries so I think it was worth it.

If none of those points then I wonder if it is car specific

Back