_1012799.jpg

VW Golf GTI Mk2

Introduction

As some of you know already, I no longer own a Fiat.

There werent anymore I actually wanted to own again so I decided the only option was to go for a car that Ive wanted since I first started driving. A Golf GTI.

_1012799.jpg_1012805.jpg
_1012807.jpg_1012809.jpg
_1012808.jpg

Bought it last week and have to say its a great car. Very quick, very torquey (being an 8v), yet amazingly economic. Averages at 38mpg and ive only used just under half a tank doing 200miles since buying it. Cant complain (y)

When I bought it, the paintwork was red, just a little dull. I polished the bonnet and roof by hand and they came up stunning so decided to buy a rotary polisher. Spent all day today cutting the paint and polishing it up. Its come up stunning. Interior is mint and the engine is top. Very smooth and no nasty rattles or noises :) Not bad for £716.

If anyone fancies a peek, ital be at the stoke on trent meet this month.
Wouldn't worry about it not being a vtec tbh, still a good little pocket rocket.. Infact i have a mate who has two of these, a done up purple one thats a vtec and a rust-bucket white ones which is not a vtec, according to him and the guy who's gonna do it, more power is to be had from the non vtec when you start tuning it. Not convinced my self but been in both and they are both rapid wee beasties..

Shame to see the golf go mate but good replacement, have fun now ;)

Well its home, alternator belt needs tightening as it squeeks at idle sometimes and the exhaust has GOT TO GO :p Looks great but its too ****ing loud for me. Will take it to a local place to see if they can either make it quieter or change the box on it for something a little less body racer :)

The car kicks ass. Proper mint condition and lovely to drive.

Back