IMG_00135.JPG

Vauxhall Astra Coupe.

Introduction

Hi all.

This is my Vauxhall Astra Coupe, styled by Bertone. Its a 1.8l 16v. it replaced my much loved Punto 1.2 8v

IMG_00135.JPG

IMG_00153.JPG

IMG_00163.JPG
Hurry up and get it charged :p

All in good time ;) ive got a few parts on the way in the next few weeks after my birthday

Tyre has been patched and alloy back on.. but i dont trust the patching, so ive ordered a new set of Hankook V12 Premium 215/45/17R's for £70.. originally getting Toyo T1R's but they sold out in my size, and apparently the Hankooks are better :D

Also got bored of Red calipers... :eek:

Before cleaning and sanding

After the first coat of paint :D

Suspension should be arriving in the next 2 weeks thanks to Eibach..

Decided to walk around the car with a ruler and check clearance heights.. I checked the wheel arch gap and at the moment there is only 42mm of gap... and my springs are 40mm... :eek: :D :devil:

The first of my birthday presents is here...

and before anyone says, its a Vauxhall, not an Opel... My MOT certificate says "OPEL Astra" :p

BEFORE

AFTER

Service and MOT booked next week at the expense of £200 :(

So decided to give the Coupe a pre-service inspection.. Basically checking all the stuff that wont be looked at during the service but will be during the MOT.. Went over all the brake lines after finding out it has been an Advisory for the previous 2 years for "Corroded Brake Lines" went over with sandpaper and anti rust gel.

The laptop was providing music and inspection points :D

New rear discs on today.. the old ones had a difined lip on them (Cheers for pointing that out Frazer!!) meaning they would fail the MOT next week..

So got some new RotorTech metal. The fun thing is, these Discs are BIGGER than the discs on the front of my old Punto :eek:

om nom nom...

PS>>>

FK Automotive 35-40mm Lowering springs will be arriving NEXT WEEK :D :D The shipping company tracker says its already on the Ferry to England :D

Last edited:
Back