IMG_00135.JPG

Vauxhall Astra Coupe.

Introduction

Hi all.

This is my Vauxhall Astra Coupe, styled by Bertone. Its a 1.8l 16v. it replaced my much loved Punto 1.2 8v

IMG_00135.JPG

IMG_00153.JPG

IMG_00163.JPG
Well the Astra Coupe might be getting sold earlier than i thought... :eek: It was supposed to last me at least 2 years, but recent incidents have made me think.. why the hell wait to have your fun car, when you can have it now..

So ladies and gents, heres the car im looking at... Another Vauxhall Astra Coupe. :rolleyes::D

Heres the spec.

Vauxhall Astra Coupe, Linea Rossa Limited.
2.2l Supercharged. 255BHP, 260lbs/ft Torque:eek:
0-62mph in <6.8sec
155mph
6speed Auto
Full Red Leather Interior
Traction Control and LSD
25mpg.

Yep, its already been supercharged by the previous owner so no need to do it myself. Normally the 2.2 only has 150bhp and 150lbs/ft torque.. so its bound to be fun :yum:

Yes, i know the picture below shows a car with a seat cover on.. but forgot to get a photo of the one im looking at.. :bang: so i got a picture of an almost identical one :rolleyes:

Untitled-1_copy2.jpg

I dunno what to do.
redface.gif

Earlier in the week i was test driving 2.0T and 2.2supercharged Astras to replace my current car.. today i got offered a Stilo MW JTD for a good price.

Do i go for power, or economy
frown.gif
even if i keep my current astra it makes more sense to go Stilo

Astra; £900p/a insurance, £210 Tax and £70 week petrol (350miles tank)
Stilo; £740p/a insurance, £135 Tax and £70 every two weeks Diesel.. (700miles tank)

what are the stilo's like to live with and drive?

Don't get the 2.2 there sh*t engine to start with hence why everyone gets the 2.0T or 1.8 we have had a lot of them go wrong mate

Always go for power!! U only live once...id just supercharge yours you will be bord of the newer astra cos there's nowt to do but drive

For Sale

Vauxhall Astra Coupe 04 Plate. £1650

1.8l 16v Petrol Engine, 71k Miles
9months TAX (31/10/12)
12months MOT (Feb 2013)
Insurance 8E
Tax: £210p/a
Metallic Paint
17" Alloy Wheels
Air Conditioning
Irmscher Spoiler
Front Foglights
K&N Filter
FK Automotive 35/40mm Lowering Springs

Quick update on the coupe.

It is becoming increasingly likely that within the next week the Astra will be sold. :eek:

But in the mean time i am using it to take me to AutoITALIA and to the local meets.

Heres a few from Northern Italian Night in Brighouse with Freebo and Midget4hire

Now because the car is for sale its only right I start to improve the little things that are letting the car down. things i wish i had done much earlier.

I think JustAndy will be most proud of this bit..

Can you guess what it is??

Right. ive been busy today :D

As many of you who read this thread. In August last year, my car was vandalised. Some :tosser: tried pulling off the chrome boot strip. I was never in a posistion to replace it and never had the time.

Well seen as the car is for sale, i thought it was only right that i sort it out finally (y) This is why @JustAndy will be proud, as i was at his house when I noticed what had happened

I felt wrong to be pulling this off. but all the threads ive read say just to pull as hard as you can and hope it comes off.

Well it worked and it left the fixing plate undamaged. But that wasnt key as i can just use high stregth bonding to fix it back.

But my god it was dirty underneath :yuck:

Got it cleaned up a treat :slayer: and refitted the fixing plate.

Fitted the new plate with this stuff. MUCH BETTER THAN "TIGER SEAL"

they dont lie when they say it will stick anything to anything..

Anyway. the new Chrome Boot strip is fixed in place. looks so much smarter now. so happy to have it looking nice again.. :D

Just to sell it next week :(

Last edited:
Right. ive been busy today :D

As many of you who read this thread. In August last year, my car was vandalised. Some :tosser: tried pulling off the chrome boot strip. I was never in a posistion to replace it and never had the time.

Well seen as the car is for sale, i thought it was only right that i sort it out finally (y) This is why @JustAndy will be proud, as i was at his house when I noticed what had happened

I felt wrong to be pulling this off. but all the threads ive read say just to pull as hard as you can and hope it comes off.

Well it worked and it left the fixing plate undamaged. But that wasnt key as i can just use high stregth bonding to fix it back.

But my god it was dirty underneath :yuck:

Got it cleaned up a treat :slayer: and refitted the fixing plate.

Fitted the new plate with this stuff. MUCH BETTER THAN "TIGER SEAL"

they dont lie when they say it will stick anything to anything..

Anyway. the new Chrome Boot strip is fixed in place. looks so much smarter now. so happy to have it looking nice again.. :D

Just to sell it next week :(

Im glad thats finally fixed! Are you selling this to fund the other car you showed me the other day on FB?

Back