Styling New Head Unit For Panda 4X4

Currently reading:
Styling New Head Unit For Panda 4X4

euroben

I have been wanting to update my panda's Double DIN head unit for a while to something with built in sat nav and bluetooth music streaming and have finally done it. I bought this one from a company called IceBox Auto in Liverpool and it was £280. It was pretty much plug and play as it came with the correct ISO cable to connect it although I had to do some minor adjustments to the bracket that holds the stereo in the dash.

So far I cannot believe how good it is. The sat nav it is running is iGo 8 which is way better than any sat nav I have used before and the buildings are rendered in 3D when you are driving in a city which makes navigation really easy. Also it quietens the music you have playing when it needs to give you instructions.

The stereo is unbelievably good compared to the old factory fitted stereo. The sound quality is amazing and I can turn it up really loud without any distortion on both the radio and on bluetooth.

The bluetooth on it is pretty good also. Some reviews I read online of similar head units said the bluetooth car calling wasn't worth using but I had my first phonetical come through today while I was driving and it was excellent both for me and the person on the other end.

I have attached some photos to show you and if you have any questions then please ask:)

Attachments

• IMG_0874 2.JPG
    IMG_0874 2.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 282
  • IMG_0877.JPG
    IMG_0877.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 158
  • IMG_0875 2.JPG
    IMG_0875 2.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 152
  • IMG_0880.JPG
    IMG_0880.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 170
  • IMG_0879.JPG
    IMG_0879.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 159
That is awesome and looks like the optional headunit 100HPs came with in Europe.

Can you send the link where you bought it from?

I am very tempted when funds allow!

How easy is it to remove the old one and what adjustments did you have to make to the brackets that hold it in the dash?

Last edited:
The adjustments I had to make was bending the metal bracket so it clips in properly.

Ah Australia, I was puzzled but the photos are upside down!

That does look very neat, it looks like it fits straight in without an extra surround which most aftermarket stereos need. I've been driving around with mine semi loose since I got the car a year ago...

Looks like another thing added to the "must get" list, very impressive. Just need a usb extender behind the dash to plug my phone in.

(y)

Yea I got the Australia joke hours later lol! Not sure why they came out upside down?

Yea I got the Australia joke hours later lol! Not sure why they came out upside down?
iPhone photos I suspect...? Although the phone works both ways round and shows the photos correctly on its screen either way, the pics can come out upside down when emailed or uploaded. You need to use the phone with the 'home' button on the left (and the volume buttons on the bottom) to be sure they come out right way up (the designer of the phone, Jonny Ive, is left handed, if that has anything to do with it)

(Oddly, looking via my Mac, they are upside but if you click once to view the big version, then click that when t opens, they come out the right way up ?!)

Last edited:
The unit certainly looks the part - this model Panda has the best location for a satnav of almost any car. Dislike those silly add-on ones on the new Panda/500 and the ones on the new Renaults are too low.

Anyhoo:

1. The GPS - never heard of it, but I've found the Sygic app on my Android to be worse than useless when I've needed it. Is there a subscription for the GPS? How do you get updates on it? PC and SD card download?

2. Where's the mic for the Bluetooth?

3. Touchscreen or all buttons?

4. Are they micro-SD slots versus standard size? Is this what you're playing your music from?

Cheers.

The unit certainly looks the part - this model Panda has the best location for a satnav of almost any car. Dislike those silly add-on ones on the new Panda/500 and the ones on the new Renaults are too low.

Anyhoo:

1. The GPS - never heard of it, but I've found the Sygic app on my Android to be worse than useless when I've needed it. Is there a subscription for the GPS? How do you get updates on it? PC and SD card download?

2. Where's the mic for the Bluetooth?

3. Touchscreen or all buttons?

4. Are they micro-SD slots versus standard size? Is this what you're playing your music from?

Cheers.

1. If you type iGo 8 into YouTube it will show you what the navigation software is like. It certainly seems pretty good so far better than my navigon sat nav anyway. The company that supply the device provide you with updates. As I have only just got the device Im not sure how the updates are sent out.

2. The mic for the Bluetooth is on the front of the HU just beside the DVD slot. I have taken a few calls now on it and the person on the other end says they can hear me clearly.

3. It is all touchscreen apart from a Navi button and an eject button (see photos) the touch screen very sensitive and reactive.

4. Yes they are micoSD. The maps are on one and the other one you can put photos/music/videos on. I have not tried this because I play my music though the Bluetooth function because it works so well.

Hope that helps:)

1. If you type iGo 8 into YouTube it will show you what the navigation software is like. It certainly seems pretty good so far better than my navigon sat nav anyway. The company that supply the device provide you with updates. As I have only just got the device Im not sure how the updates are sent out.

2. The mic for the Bluetooth is on the front of the HU just beside the DVD slot. I have taken a few calls now on it and the person on the other end says they can hear me clearly.

3. It is all touchscreen apart from a Navi button and an eject button (see photos) the touch screen very sensitive and reactive.

4. Yes they are micoSD. The maps are on one and the other one you can put photos/music/videos on. I have not tried this because I play my music though the Bluetooth function because it works so well.

Hope that helps:)

Thanks. All very good.

Sorry for an old thread revival, but I didn't want to make a new one for no reason!

Thinking about getting one of these units, but unsure about the quality as even in the photos the screen looks a little bit cheap. How does the screen hold up in direct sunlight etc seen whilst driving?

The interface too seems a bit awkward / unintuitive, but how is this during your use?

Does it work with iPhone and Android okay? I was worried it's been out for a few years or maybe even before 2007 and wasnt compatible at all with modern smartphones.

It certainly looks the part, and the best head unit for the Panda from a first impression point of view!

I see one site offering reverse camera functionality too!

Also, did you pay hundreds as the wholesale sites quote or was there a better deal online? :D

He recently sold the car though he did still rate the unit and its GPS.

It's not a pre-2007 FIAT model it's a relatively new Windows based unit from China. They sell for about £300 still. Look the part that's for sure.

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Back