General Help with my 500 please

Currently reading:
General Help with my 500 please

Well, respectfully I'm telling you it is, but you're entitled to your opinion. I'd be interested in your "guarantee" theory though.
Tell you what, you bring your car round, I'll put 30v on it and we'll see how long it lasts :)

Tell you what, you bring your car round, I'll put 30v on it and we'll see how long it lasts :)

You'd better re-read my first post on the issue. Nowhere did I say it would be ok, or last, infact quite the opposite.
I have a degree in Electronic Engineering, and I'm not prepared to bandy words on here with somebody that can't even use the proper terminology.
I've said my bit, and I'm done.

You'd better re-read my first post on the issue. Nowhere did I say it would be ok, or last, infact quite the opposite.
I have a degree in Electronic Engineering, and I'm not prepared to bandy words on here with somebody that can't even use the proper terminology.
I've said my bit, and I'm done.
Glad your having such a nice time with this fella! hes the one that nearly caused me to chuck it in with his attitude towards others and there opinions! as i ignore his responses i wont see his pithy and witty reply- just like yourself i could do without it ! so i did!.

Glad your having such a nice time with this fella! hes the one that nearly caused me to chuck it in with his attitude towards others and there opinions! as i ignore his responses i wont see his pithy and witty reply- just like yourself i could do without it ! so i did!.
Oh, I don't think it's come to that, I just have nothing to add to the subject, and will not reply to anything else about it.

@Mikefraser93 apologies for any distractions caused in your thread.

I have a degree in Electronic Engineering
From where?
(and I've got one too, and much more :ROFLMAO: )
and I'm not prepared to bandy words on here with somebody that can't even use the proper terminology.
Proper terminology?? The OP said he measured 30v, you claimed that the battery would not allow it to go above 17v. The battery is not a limiting factor, and certainly not a "capacitor" in that situation. But do go on to explain how a "capacitor" will limit the voltage and prevent damage.

There are a few people, like @steveras57 , with a real problem being wrong or stupid, please dont be another one of them.

Just a quick update. Fitted a new smart sensor and so far so good. One i removed (second photo) looks like its been modified by previous owner, instead of going to a post its soldering onto it? Every other ive looked at has a post. Holding constant voltage, no more start stop faults and power steering hasn't failed yet. Touch wood 😂 how long till next problem now....

Attachments

• IMG-20240513-WA0001.jpeg
    IMG-20240513-WA0001.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 11
  • IMG-20240513-WA0005.jpeg
    IMG-20240513-WA0005.jpeg
    1,021.6 KB · Views: 11
Just a quick update. Fitted a new smart sensor and so far so good. One i removed (second photo) looks like its been modified by previous owner, instead of going to a post its soldering onto it? Every other ive looked at has a post. Holding constant voltage, no more start stop faults and power steering hasn't failed yet. Touch wood 😂 how long till next problem now....
bout 6 minutes id say! :eek: :ROFLMAO:

Had a 500 Hybrid as a hire car for a weekend. This low oil pressure message came up several times. It was a 22 plate car with only 22000 miles on it. I actually stopped opened the bonnet intending to check the oil level but for the life of me I could not find the dipstick?
Decided to ignore it from then on.

Last edited:
Had a 500 Hybrid as a hire car for a weekend. This low oil pressure message came up several times. It was a 22 plate car with only 22000 miles on it. I actually stopped opened the bonnet intending to check the oil level but for tge life of me I could not find the dipstick?
Decided to ignore it from then on.

My understanding is it's a Firefly series engine,
the last of the "post FIRE Motors"

The previous being twinair/multiair

The twinairs dipstick is built into the Oil filler cap.. Did you remove the fillercap?

The more I read about these
"mild hybrids" , the less I want to drive one 🤔

My understanding is it's a Firefly series engine,
the last of the "post FIRE Motors"

The previous being twinair/multiair

The twinairs dipstick is built into the filler cap.. Did you remove the fiklercap
I didn't. Never even thought to!
That was my introduction to 500's, we hired one specifically during a trip away as my wife was considering buying one. It didn't put her off and she bought a lovely 2019 500S a short time later. Their foibles and idiosyncrasies will no doubt come to my attention in the coming years as I'll be the poor mug left to fix it!

That was my introduction to 500's, we hired one specifically during a trip away as my wife was considering buying one. It didn't put her off and she bought a lovely 2019 500S a short time later. Their foibles and idiosyncrasies will no doubt come to my attention in the coming years as I'll be the poor mug left to fix it!
now would be a good time to start practicing! :rolleyes: 🤔 😂

That will Probably be the VERY well proven 1242cc FIRE motor..
Been in 500's since 2008 🙂

And the basic motor since 1984

Theyve made Millions upon Millions of them,
bought a 2018 myself as its a very safe bet 👍

Back