East Midlands ForzaLIVE! - Nottingham (RIP AutoItalia Stanford)

Currently reading:
East Midlands ForzaLIVE! - Nottingham (RIP AutoItalia Stanford)

ForzaLIVE! - Nottingham (RIP AutoItalia Stanford)
Posted by dombooth
MFN, Shipley Gate, Nottingham
Sunday, June 19, 2016 - 01:00 AM
Until: Sunday, June 19, 2016 - 04:00 AM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates
Great day, huge props to Ben and Dom for doing the organising.
Impressive turnout for an inaugural event, too!

IMG_20160619_114059[1].jpg

Yeah we had a great day too , good venue , very helpful staff and only a quid for a coffee [emoji106]? . It was good to put some faces to names too , blue73 & eklipze , well done Dom & Ben we will be back next year [emoji106]?

Yeah we had a great day too , good venue , very helpful staff and only a quid for a coffee [emoji106]? . It was good to put some faces to names too , blue73 & eklipze , well done Dom & Ben we will be back next year [emoji106]?ImageUploadedByFIAT Forum1466360230.077650.jpgImageUploadedByFIAT Forum1466360252.610125.jpg also won third prize in the show n shine [emoji471]

Last edited:
Yeah we had a great day too , good venue , very helpful staff and only a quid for a coffee [emoji106]? . It was good to put some faces to names too , blue73 & eklipze , well done Dom & Ben we will be back next year [emoji106]?View attachment 168936
sorry I missed it, :(

had some Mk1 parts to offer around too:rolleyes:

it's not everyday you get an Uno Turbo and a horses Ar.e in the same shot..:D

Actually managed to get to Nottingham today and it was great, as others have said, to put faces to names, so it was good to meet Ben, Dom and jatkinson. Also full marks to the organisers for what was quite a well attended event, especially for a first attempt.

It would be nice to get better attendance in future from those with classic models; it was great to see the 124 Spider. There are so many great classic FIATs that some must be available. On the way home, within half an hour of leaving we passed what looked like a beautiful Lancia Fulvia going in the opposite direction, although the owner of that would probably not like to be associated with FIAT as the Fulvia had no common parts (as far as I'm aware) with the Torinese. Notwithstanding that, it's still Italian.

There are also more than a few 156 derived GTVs knocking around, not to mention the odd 155 and 164. I might have a go at publicising the event next year on Alfa Owner

Was such a good day very much enjoyed myself seemed like a good turn out all well and as was good to meet some like minded people only picture I took from the day

Attachments

• 1466405980007.jpg
    1466405980007.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 84
I'll echo what others have already said in that it was a great day and thanks to Dom and Ben for all their hard work in getting this together - no easy task I would imagine.

If you're doing this again next year can you try and give us an early heads up as that may encourage more of the Scottish contingent to attend. Due to distance (I covered just short of 1000 miles since Saturday morning) we need a wee bit longer to sort out finances etc for a trip like this. I know there were several who would have loved to have been there on Sunday but just couldn't afford it. Don't worry, I provided them with pictures to show what they missed because I'm nice like that :devil:

I've been sleeping all day, I was so knackered after all of that.

Thank you everyone for coming to support us, it was great to see you all there and be thinking "we did this" :)

Apologies about the absence of the rolling road (it broke on the Saturday afternoon)- we had hoped they would turn up early in the morning (hence not announcing it), but with no communication from them, I guess they didn't get things fixed.

Everything else seemed to go well (apart from the noise order put out, which meant the DJ had to turn the music waaaaay down - not sure what we paid for a music event license for then.... :chin: ) so I think we did good :)

It was done at very short notice, it's true. But that was simply because we didn't know Stanford was cancelled until very late on. We now have a year to plan this, so it won't be so rushed if we decide to do it again (gotta work out how much it lost first, haha)

If anyone does have any other comments or ideas though, it would be great to hear them - usually when we ask this question, it's kinda limited to what we can do on just a stand, but of course, this is a whole event... anything is possible!

(gotta work out how much it lost first, haha)

don't let that put you off consider it a training fee, you did well in such a short time most of these big events take a year of planning by experienced paid promotion staff. The feedback from people is great I reckon their friends who missed it are already wishing they went and planning to go next year.

If anyone does have any other comments or ideas though, it would be great to hear them - usually when we ask this question, it's kinda limited to what we can do on just a stand, but of course, this is a whole event... anything is possible!

Promotion is the key cheap t-shirts, flyers even a car wrapped in promo advertising attending other events. make people see it so much they think its been running years.

remember that first show we went to put on by that was only small but they then went on to have massive shows at mfn and end of season parties too.

different scene i know but they promoted it at every other modded show i went to, so you would adopt the same idea but at every other Italian event big or small.

this is the one FF had a stand at that vid makes it look a lot bigger than it was, beau can your ben make some thing like that out of his footage of ff's show?

Last edited:
I didn't realise it was you ben at the show, I was thinking I know this guy but who the hell is it ! Lol

And I will ask Dave, his footage wasn't great because he had to use his action camera instead of his real camera as he forgot to bring the battery! Silly sod ha, he tried his best with what he had though, but I'm sure with everyone's footage we can make a good video, is there a thread for photos / videos?

I didn't realise it was you ben at the show, I was thinking I know this guy but who the hell is it ! Lol

And I will ask Dave, his footage wasn't great because he had to use his action camera instead of his real camera as he forgot to bring the battery! Silly sod ha, he tried his best with what he had though, but I'm sure with everyone's footage we can make a good video, is there a thread for photos / videos?
Ha, it's ok - I have no idea who anyone is!

Good call on the gallery, I forgot that!

https://www.fiatforum.com/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=4140

If anyone took photos, please upload them - they will be invaluable for promotions next time! :)

I've been sleeping all day, I was so knackered after all of that.

Thank you everyone for coming to support us, it was great to see you all there and be thinking "we did this" :)

Apologies about the absence of the rolling road (it broke on the Saturday afternoon)- we had hoped they would turn up early in the morning (hence not announcing it), but with no communication from them, I guess they didn't get things fixed.

Everything else seemed to go well (apart from the noise order put out, which meant the DJ had to turn the music waaaaay down - not sure what we paid for a music event license for then.... :chin: ) so I think we did good :)

It was done at very short notice, it's true. But that was simply because we didn't know Stanford was cancelled until very late on. We now have a year to plan this, so it won't be so rushed if we decide to do it again (gotta work out how much it lost first, haha)

I hope you don't think I was being critical of you. I think what you achieved was amazing in such a short space of time. However, if, a few months down the line, you find yourself forgetting how much work and stress putting on your own show can cause and decide to do it all again then an early heads up would be appreciated. That way I can start nagging the proper northerners to save up their pocket money and join me in a road trip. I certainly would return for the sequel :D

Back