General Euro emission / CoC certificate

Currently reading:
General Euro emission / CoC certificate

Kimba2

Hello,
I'm an owner of a Punto 1.3 JTD 51kW 2003. I'm looking for someone who could send a scan of a European Certificate of Conformity, due to my registration office in Poland assigning a lowered emission norm on my car's license document. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi,

I know I'm not directly answering your question but.... your 2003 vehicle is euro 3 emission approved. It can't be registered on its government registration certificate as euro 4 because it was first registered in 2003 and euro 4 didn't come into force until 2005.

Best wishes
Jack

Last edited:
That's not correct. Just because EURO 4 did not exist in 2003, does not mean that a car produced prior cannot meet the new emission standard. The car was imported from Germany, and even has a German EURO 4 emission norm sticker on its windshield.
Wikipedia, along with any other online source, clearly state that the engine, even though released in February 2003, meets the newer EURO 4 standard.

That's not correct. Just because EURO 4 did not exist in 2003, does not mean that a car produced prior cannot meet the new emission standard. The car was imported from Germany, and even has a German EURO 4 emission norm sticker on its windshield.
Wikipedia, along with any other online source, clearly state that the engine, even though released in February 2003, meets the newer EURO 4 standard.

Yes I am aware that it may be possible for a vehicle produced before the start date of euro 4 emissions standards to meet the euro 4.

I don't know how a German emission norm sticker is issued or if it has any legal effect.

I am sorry if I have confused things......in the UK when a car is issued Its number plate/ first registered with government only the emission norm that applies on that date ever applies....even if at a later date it would meet a newer norm it's legal status cannot be updated. This has caused huge problems for 1000s of people in the UK being forced to sell their cars in different areas especially London.

Maybe in Poland things are different....I hope so ...... please let us know if you ever update your car euro status.

Best wishes
Jack

Last edited:
Hello,
I'm an owner of a Punto 1.3 JTD 51kW 2003. I'm looking for someone who could send a scan of a European Certificate of Conformity, due to my registration office in Poland assigning a lowered emission norm on my car's license document. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
After reading your other answers I think what you are trying to do is get an official document that says your car is Euro 4. Maybe you are thinking this makes the car more valueable and so it is worth your effort to get the paperwork changed?

You’d probably be better off contacting Fiat directly, I know here in the uk there are a lot of people who have done this with older cars to be able to use that older car in the london ULEZ there are also companies in london who will perform a full emissions test and issue a certificate of conformity.

out of interest do you have your hand book/manual for the car, the reason I ask is that my mk1 Punto has these certificates printed on one of the back pages of the manual but it has been such a long time since I owned a mk2 I can’t say I remember if they were still doing it in 2003, it was only 5 years so worth a look

Back