Technical Issue connecting to engine management (Multiscanecu + Euro 3 Punto HGT)

Currently reading:
Technical Issue connecting to engine management (Multiscanecu + Euro 3 Punto HGT)

I had a go at connecting to the engine ECU last night to see if I could see the throttle body % position.

I've got a cable that reads VAG KKL - ABS - Airbag - 12/13 (iirc) on the label and couldn't seem to figure it out. I've connected and reset the airbag warning light with it recently so the cable should be good.

The Gendan Automotive page seems to indicate that it should work with VAG KKL on all ECU management types listed.

What could I be doing wrong?

I've been told that the current throttle body is only opening 65% with the pedal fully down so was hoping to fit another throttle body and see if the issue is resolved without another trip to the garage.
An additional 35% opening of the throttle won't exactly be hard to miss when driving but it would be nice to know it's definitely opening 100% lol.

The car revved to 7000 just fine with the faulty throttle body. It just did it poorly as it was only opening 65% of the way.

The new throttle body was fitted on Friday evening, solved the issue and the car has never felt better.

I've had an issue that it wouldn't start/idle this morning but wiggled the electrical connectors and it worked okay then so have tried some contact cleaner.

Still keen to connect it to the computer and figure that out if anyone has any ideas.

I know I can just whip the pipe off and watch it but I'd rather use the computer if possible.

There is a switch on the VAG KKL. In what position are you trying to connect?

It was on VAG/KKL.

I got it to work briefly but made the mistake of asking the girlfriend to rev it up whilst I looked at the laptop. Don't think she understood what I meant so kicked her out and took the laptop inside and it disconnected again. Kept trying again but couldn't get ti to work 100%.

Took the pipe of the throttle body and made her take it to the limiter (she said it only went to 5k) and it fully opens.

K line switch must be on pin 7 to connect to the engine ECU.
What driver do you use? There are cheap fake cables out there, but the ones with FTDI RS232/USB chips inside usually work, better avoid the others.

Take a photo of yours some day if you can't solve it.

Back