Technical Clutch adjustment

Currently reading:
Technical Clutch adjustment

1970Norway

After i changed the complete clutch( not flywheel) I’m struggeling too adjust.

Bought complete clutch from axel gerstl.
But is this wrong clutch for my 1970 500 L??

I tried top tight the wire from the clutch pedal, but something is not normal.
Can’t «clutch out» enough, soo itj difficult too put in the gears.

Some one can help me?
DA30F438-1181-42FA-AB26-057C00893612.jpeg

Attachments

• C0266051-BA20-419F-938D-8E12C050045D.png
    C0266051-BA20-419F-938D-8E12C050045D.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 54
Dont quote me on this. But did you use the thrust bearing that came with the kit, or the original one that was still on the transmission?

I recall reading a year ago that there is some sort of adjustment/fitment issue surrounding using clutch bearing between the standard 500 and the 126 variant of clutch assemblies. I have yet to encounter that part on my restoration yet so i haven't personally encountered it yet.

One thing that is/looks odd. The pressure/plate fingers look to be retracted by a significant amount. To my eye, they don't seem to be sticking out enough? which would cause your lack of "clutch travel" issue

Dont quote me on this. But did you use the thrust bearing that came with the kit, or the original one that was still on the transmission?

I recall reading a year ago that there is some sort of adjustment/fitment issue surrounding using clutch bearing between the standard 500 and the 126 variant of clutch assemblies. I have yet to encounter that part on my restoration yet so i haven't personally encountered it yet.

One thing that is/looks odd. The pressure/plate fingers look to be retracted by a significant amount. To my eye, they don't seem to be sticking out enough? which would cause your lack of "clutch travel" issue
Used the new trust bearing that from the new kit😊
Tried too adjust the clutcharm/wire, but in the end the pedal became very hard but still not a normal funktion on the clutch

Used the new trust bearing that from the new kit😊
Tried too adjust the clutcharm/wire, but in the end the pedal became very hard but still not a normal funktion on the clutch
As i can see, I’m missing some movement on the arm🤔
When i adjust on the wire, the pedal got hard and the clutch starts too slip on my test drive.
Can anyone tell my, has I bought wrong parts?
Not soo many way too mount this cluthe eather😅🙈

Back