Tuning What gauges would you add to a MultiJet?

Currently reading:
Tuning What gauges would you add to a MultiJet?

My answer was to the comment about fitting abarth ecu in a sporting

Wouldn't be a big problem as a new Abarth Engine ECU would be a virgin unit and would have the keycode data written to it from the Body Computer on first startup.

If it was a used unit, you'd need the Body Computer, keys and lock barrels, plus Proxi Alignment. Wouldn't be any other ECU's needed. ;)

I certainly wouldn't tap into the fuel pressure regulator vac-pipe like some people do... it's a big no-no in the tuning world to ever touch that due to the risk of leakage affecting the fuelling.

How does the 500 Abarth boost gauge work- or is it fed the data electronically via CAN?

I think it's an electronic one but don't hold me to it. If the car has a TMC box on it then the electronic gauge goes haywire.

I think it's an electronic one but don't hold me to it. If the car has a TMC box on it then the electronic gauge goes haywire.

I'm guessing it's because of how it increases the boost, by intercepting the sensor signal and making the ECU think it's not reached the target boost, so it increases the duty on the boost control valve to try to correct it? You'd think it would just read the same? :confused:

What does the gauge do? Any vids?

This is second hand info I'm spouting here. I'm sure somebody on the Abarthisti Forum had added an electronic boost gauge and it was hitting max BAR after the TMC box was added.

Will go looking for info

Back