Currently reading:
Styling show us your engine bay

block off wood ftw
DSCF3901.JPG

and then

DSCF3918.JPG

and then :(

DSCF5380.JPG

Anyone wishing to aspire to such engine beauty in their own cars, should think twice about getting a jetwash in there & blasting the cr@p away...
If it must be cleaned clean it by hand with a good engine de-greaser & paint brushes, but as an extra caution, put some water resistant covers on ALL the electrical connectors under the bonnet, or you could well be back on here asking how you get the car started or fix a poor runner!

No Point with mine - mines just a Standard 8v with a set of Stebel Magnum horns which is messy :(

Also I like the painted block dave, but has anybody ever managed to get there Manifold Painted?
I've tried several times, it just burns off
Even with High temperature Paint :(

I Saw a Punto a Year or so at one of those Spot/Shiny car wash's - having its engine bay PW - i cried
Shoulda stopped - slapped them around the head and said you've ruined your baby

I've used that stuff From Asda - £3 for a Spray Can of Engine Cleaner - works well on my seapy rocker Cover :)

Ziggy

Last edited:
Anyone wishing to aspire to such engine beauty in their own cars, should think twice about getting a jetwash in there & blasting the cr@p away...
If it must be cleaned clean it by hand with a good engine de-greaser & paint brushes, but as an extra caution, put some water resistant covers on ALL the electrical connectors under the bonnet, or you could well be back on here asking how you get the car started or fix a poor runner!

:yeahthat:

i know people who have watched videos on youtube on how to do it, most of these use jet/pressure washers.

One thing those cars have in common are that they are much more modern and not a cheap engine bay. electrical components are hidden and protect, but i still wouldn't even recommend it.

Resist the urge to even use a hose pipe! EVEN ON THE BONNET UNDERSIDE.

The electrical's in the Punto's are very temperamental WHEN DRY! imagine wet :eek:

Back to the Astra. Look at the two images below comparing the Astra (ECOtech) to the Punto. How many exposed wires can you count on the Astra? Now count them on the Punto :(

I cleaned mine with Jizer degreaser and a garden killerspray to wash the stuff off. Then used WD40 on all the electrical bits. It still looks crap.

Pictures? Find any black HGT Abarth and you have what my car looks like.

Back