Technical Scudo 2013 engine light

Currently reading:
Technical Scudo 2013 engine light

James golby

Fiat scudo multi jet 90 van 2013 ( Peugeot 1560 engine) Engine light comes on, scanned earlier and shows fuel rail pressure faults. Changed the fuel pressure sensor, then fuel pressure regulator. Start the engine first thing in the morning light goes out drive it to the moon no issues but switch off when you get to where your going and when you try to start the engine cranks a long time before it starts and the engine light comes on and stays on. No driving issues. I have heard that many non genuine sensors are faulty from new or fail V/ soon after installation, I have not yet done a pressure leak down test. Nextorning light goes out and runs fine ( Temperature related?) W. H. Y.

Fiat scudo multi jet 90 van 2013 ( Peugeot 1560 engine) Engine light comes on, scanned earlier and shows fuel rail pressure faults. Changed the fuel pressure sensor, then fuel pressure regulator. Start the engine first thing in the morning light goes out drive it to the moon no issues but switch off when you get to where your going and when you try to start the engine cranks a long time before it starts and the engine light comes on and stays on. No driving issues. I have heard that many non genuine sensors are faulty from new or fail V/ soon after installation, I have not yet done a pressure leak down test. Nextorning light goes out and runs fine ( Temperature related?) W. H. Y.
Out of curiosity what diagnostics are you using and what fault codes showing.
I had until recently a 2012 Citroen C3 Picasso with the Citroen/Peugeot 1560cc Engine and I have a 2010 Fiat Doblo with the Fiat 1598 Multijet diesel engine.
Strangely though both were rated at similar Hp I preferred the pulling power fro low down of the Citroen much better , even though it had done 225K miles when I sold it, though by a previous owner not me;)
Many on Forum use MES diagnostics for Fiats but I also have a 2010 Fiat Scudo which has the 2.0 litre 16v Peugeot engine which MES doesn't recognise.

Out of curiosity what diagnostics are you using and what fault codes showing.
I had until recently a 2012 Citroen C3 Picasso with the Citroen/Peugeot 1560cc Engine and I have a 2010 Fiat Doblo with the Fiat 1598 Multijet diesel engine.
Strangely though both were rated at similar Hp I preferred the pulling power fro low down of the Citroen much better , even though it had done 225K miles when I sold it, though by a previous owner not me;)
Many on Forum use MES diagnostics for Fiats but I also have a 2010 Fiat Scudo which has the 2.0 litre 16v Peugeot engine which MES doesn't recognise.
Fault codes correspond to fuel pressure regulator been on various machines including my own mickey mouse job. when I first fitted the sensor and then regulator it seemed to work turned the ignition on came the engine light, started the engine out went the light this six times straight on the seventh it started its hookams. No driving issues . First thing in the morning turn the key on comes the light start the engine out goes the light, drive all day the light stays out but switch off and try to start it again and long cranking let go of the key and turn it again and the engine starts immediately but the light stays on. Go figure.

Fault codes correspond to fuel pressure regulator been on various machines including my own mickey mouse job. when I first fitted the sensor and then regulator it seemed to work turned the ignition on came the engine light, started the engine out went the light this six times straight on the seventh it started its hookams. No driving issues . First thing in the morning turn the key on comes the light start the engine out goes the light, drive all day the light stays out but switch off and try to start it again and long cranking let go of the key and turn it again and the engine starts immediately but the light stays on. Go figure.
Assume no issues with fuel pump in tank or the relay etc.?

I don't think so as it starts immediately in the morning and has no issues when driving also you can prime it at the filter to ensure line pressure @ the pump.

I don't think so as it starts immediately in the morning and has no issues when driving also you can prime it at the filter to ensure line pressure @ the pump.
Have you tried priming it at the time you expect it to not start to see if it works then, but before you have actually turned the key?

Just a thought, some years ago I had a 2003 Doblo that had the Lucas Epic Fuel injector pump which had to suck it's own fuel from the tank, the issue with that one was an air leak at the plastic connector at the fuel tank allowing air to be sucked in as it didn't have a electric pump in the tank.
Do you hear a primer pump in the tank or does it rely on suction which could introduce air into the fuel as that was the cause on that Doblo?

I hear nothing but make a point of keeping my tank as full as possible all the time.
I only located this fault by running a temporary fuel tank on the wing to gravity feed the high pressure pump, it only works for a short while due to no return pipe.
I had bought the van as a non runner after another garage and a diagnostic firm failed to sort it.
It is probably not your problem in this case , but sometimes I like to think outside the box:)

Back