General New owner (nearly)

Currently reading:
General New owner (nearly)

KoArAnG said:
He has a Black Abarth, so maybe we should shut up now, it's a tough looking motor ;)

@Morritt, what did you get, a manual or selespeed ?
C'mon give us all the info.

Isn't there a few different blacks for the Stilo now, they just released a new one this year I think :chin:

its the selespeed, in fact after going to the garage and having the initial drive, then driving the curpa r (8 months old with 7000 miles on the clock) and impretza (2 years and 19000, and almost buying it there and then!) i went back to drive the stilo as i was worried about the "weirdness" of it, he let me out on my own as the garage was busy, on the second run i did well took it round some country lanes, more body roll than my sunny gti, not so fast off the mark but impressed by the handling in general, the auto wipers (and back when in reverse) and parking sensors, so walked in and told the guy i would take it. i think i made the right decision (so does my wallet!). the only car that came close imho was the leon cupra (not r), but it had done 15000 more miles and was a bit rough on take off (probably been thrashed).

the cupra r and impretza were 14 and 15k respectively, so at (more than) twice the price of the stilo, it was a dead winner, sure the others were nice, but not so comfy, with all the gizmo's etc, although i'll admit to being one signatire away from getting the impretza.

Last edited:
Morritt said:
its the selespeed, in fact after going to the garage and having the initial drive, then driving the curpa r (8 months old with 7000 miles on the clock) and impretza (2 years and 19000, and almost buying it there and then!) i went back to drive the stilo as i was worried about the "weirdness" of it, he let me out on my own as the garage was busy, on the second run i did well took it round some country lanes, more body roll than my sunny gti, not so fast off the mark but impressed by the handling in general, the auto wipers (and back when in reverse) and parking sensors, so walked in and told the guy i would take it. i think i made the right decision (so does my wallet!). the only car that came close imho was the leon cupra (not r), but it had done 15000 more miles and was a bit rough on take off (probably been thrashed).

the cupra r and impretza were 14 and 15k respectively, so at (more than) twice the price of the stilo, it was a dead winner, sure the others were nice, but not so comfy, with all the gizmo's etc, although i'll admit to being one signatire away from getting the impretza.
Good choice, so much better value for money and if you have a good dealer to rely on it will be a great purchase. Get some Eibach pro lowering springs and a front strutbrace and the handling will be spot on. Selespeed too eh (y)

2 days and counting!!

KoArAnG said:
Good choice, so much better value for money and if you have a good dealer to rely on it will be a great purchase. Get some Eibach pro lowering springs and a front strutbrace and the handling will be spot on. Selespeed too eh (y)

any good websites i can get stuff from, i think i'll leave it std for a while to get used to it, then look into lowering it as it does sit up a bit too high.

bozzy said:
Having a really bad day at work and needed a laugh. This did it for me, thanks Stilochris. :)

Oh, hairdresser, not a puff (pull more birds/bit of a clue)

ha ha good stuff, glad you appreciated it mate (y)

i have to be honest, i made myself laugh with that as well...

oh and morritt, good choice of motor mate, i too have a black abarth and was considering the leon cupra, but for the money a stilo is miles better, gets more looks and the noise, oh the noise...

Morritt said:

That said, it is cheaper and you get a new friend with it as well!

I dont know their name but their occupation is a Service Manager for FIAT!

3 hours and my insurance starts, you think i should shave and try and impress her? ;)

WTF? about 2 miles down the road it cut out ... just after a double mini roundabout (killer place to stop!!) ... after about 20 cars pull round me (several near accidents) i manage to get some nice fella to push me the 30' to get out the way.

called the garage, owner came out with petrol in case it was that... nope, oil pressure problem ... engine cuts out.

only had the car for 10 mins on the road, both the test drives went fine as well, wtf happened there? not chuffed at all! and they give me a likkle gold punto instead? why do the never give you a better car than yours? always some crappy little runabout!

Morritt said:
WTF? about 2 miles down the road it cut out ... just after a double mini roundabout (killer place to stop!!) ... after about 20 cars pull round me (several near accidents) i manage to get some nice fella to push me the 30' to get out the way.

called the garage, owner came out with petrol in case it was that... nope, oil pressure problem ... engine cuts out.

only had the car for 10 mins on the road, both the test drives went fine as well, wtf happened there? not chuffed at all! and they give me a likkle gold punto instead? why do the never give you a better car than yours? always some crappy little runabout!

That's terrible. Feel for you but glad it happened sooner than later. Chin-up.

Oh man, that's not a great start is it :bang: Hopefully it's just a one off and once it's sorted you'll be going through the excitement of picking it up again.
I refuse to drive a courtesy car that is crapper than mine if it has no stickers all over it explaining my lower status on the road :D
In fact I think I will get some temporary stickers made up for when my exhaust is fitted, saying "this car ain't mine I really do have some taste in motors" :D

Back