IMG_17661.JPG

Grande Punto My caribbean Orange Mjet.

:) You only have to pay to retain the plate if you DONT have it registered on a car. once you buy it, it comes with the first assignment inculded in the price and once its transfered you don't pay anything until you want to change car or remove the plate :)

Really!? I always thought you had to pay near enough £50 per year just to keep it on the car! Well I had better get my documents at the ready ;) haha

Cars looking stunning as ever mate! (y) Linea front splitter would finish it off nicely imo, used to think they were a bit ott until I saw one in real life and lined it up on a GP, much much prefer it to the cupra splitter, if I had a quid for every cupra splitter ive seen on a car...:eek: Could probably be driving a GTR :D

Random question, i've been pondering over getting a personalised reg, do you still think it's worth it? With having to retain it every year and all that? The plate itself isn't the cheapest but 6 characters isn't too bad (300-500quid) so i'm very tempted :)

Thanks mate, I had the chance to buy a linea splitter when I got the diffuser but at the time I had just bought a Gsr induction kit so was a little broke. Ended up selling the gsr so I wishI had bought the splitter now instead. I have a cupra splitter in my shed off my old gp but I'm in two minds wether to fit it or not.
Only have to pay for your plate once and if you ever want to swap it to another vehicle, so no annual charge.

Jord, those side repeaters really make a difference now I've seen them on a few pictures :)
When you re-doing your wheels?

Yeah they do look good but like I said the other week, there not worth £19.99. Very cheap plastic. Probably be sometime in the next week or two. Need to go and pick up my spare wheels from my nans.

very very nice interior (y) was it simple to stick the material down? I'd imagine you'd just use aerosol-type glue?

After coming across a good deal on some black vinyl whilst shopping in B&Q today (67.5cm x 2m for £8) decided to have a go at vinyl wrapping my spoiler. Was my first attempt at wrapping something large and was a bit nervous when cutting around the edges, but think its turned out really well.

Edit= not sure why some photos are the wrong way round. I uploaded them the right way!

Last edited:
I loved vinyling my old spoiler! Lovely flat surface to work with, only niggly bits is tucking it away, top job!

What aisle is it under? Lol
I got some matte vinyl from homebase as had no luck with b&q, always wanted some gloss, trying to think of a million things to vinyl now haha

I loved vinyling my old spoiler! Lovely flat surface to work with, only niggly bits is tucking it away, top job!

What aisle is it under? Lol
I got some matte vinyl from homebase as had no luck with b&q, always wanted some gloss, trying to think of a million things to vinyl now haha

Thanks mate, yeah was hard to get all the edges tucked away. It was near the wallpaper if that helps lol. Really good stuff to work with, better than any I've bought of eBay before. You already have a black spoiler don't you??

Thanks mate, yeah was hard to get all the edges tucked away. It was near the wallpaper if that helps lol. Really good stuff to work with, better than any I've bought of eBay before. You already have a black spoiler don't you??

Yer that's perfect mate ill have to go look for some soon! Funnily enough my abarth doesn't have a black spoiler, its the only one I've seen without, hopefully was down to personal preference by a previous owner or an option from the factory. I was very inquisitive about it not having it when I bought it, was worried it had been replaced for a reason but nothing obvious I can think of :S

looks good mate! have you concidered vinyling all the way up to the spoiler from the roof? although I love how it looks on the second picture so its hard to see if it would make a diffrence :)

Thanks mate. My first intentions was to do all the way up to the skydome but then when I saw it with just the spoiler done i thought it looked good. Still not 100% tho so may still do the rest.

Yer that's perfect mate ill have to go look for some soon! Funnily enough my abarth doesn't have a black spoiler, its the only one I've seen without, hopefully was down to personal preference by a previous owner or an option from the factory. I was very inquisitive about it not having it when I bought it, was worried it had been replaced for a reason but nothing obvious I can think of :S

That's really strange, I thought they came black as standard on the abarth. Like you said hopefully it was due to the first owner wanting a colour coded spoiler rather than it having got damaged and had to be replaced.

Thanks mate. My first intentions was to do all the way up to the skydome but then when I saw it with just the spoiler done i thought it looked good. Still not 100% tho so may still do the rest.

Well here is a quick p'shop I did :yum: its not 100% perfect but it gives you a rough idea of what it would look like without having to waste time to put it on only to take it off again if you dont like it :D

Well here is a quick p'shop I did :yum: its not 100% perfect but it gives you a rough idea of what it would look like without having to waste time to put it on only to take it off again if you dont like it :D

See looking at that makes me think it should be done. Can always rip it back off if I decide I don't like it.

what material did you use to do your dash and foor? do you have a link for it pal?
and did you do it your self cause im wanting to do mine but i dont know how hard it is to do?
regards jake

Back