Technical Is the spare wheel the same?

Currently reading:
Technical Is the spare wheel the same?

JeanClaudePandamme

Obviously, the tire size is different, that's not what I'm after.

I have a bit of a dent in my front left wheel and I'd like to replace it. However, if I could just replace it with the spare wheel while also swapping the tires main <-> spare that would save me some cash.

Is the spare wheel made of the same type of steel i.e. will it behave the same?

These are my main wheels:
- 5B x 13 ET41 155/80 R13

So I should buy a new/used wheel then?
Are you sure? ET41 was fitted to the original 141 Panda.
I thought 13" steels on the 169 are ET35. Or does the MultiJet run a different offset? Mine are stamped here:
IMG_20240817_115143.jpg

I would have of thought as long as the dent as you put it (photo would be handy) hasn't broken the seal it could be knocked back into shape.
Give it a try, you've nothing to lose.

Softest material known to mam??
Panda 100 wheels
I was quoted £100 per wheel for 100HP wheels with much the same again for repainting. I went out and bought pepperpot steels which look similar to Alfa Spyder wheels and really suit the car. Be careful to get the correct offset.

I used a Dremel to chamfer all cut edges. It takes a while but you’ll get better paint protection.

I was quoted £100 per wheel for 100HP wheels with much the same again for repainting. I went out and bought pepperpot steels which look similar to Alfa Spyder wheels and really suit the car. Be careful to get the correct offset.

I used a Dremel to chamfer all cut edges. It takes a while but you’ll get better paint protection.
It cost 190 for 1 bent wheel to be straightened and two to be refurbished here 12 months back. Refurb is still £65 so the repair was £60. That was a 1.2 319 alloy wheel

Back