General From 107 to 500 - advice?

Currently reading:
General From 107 to 500 - advice?

jlhdasMorahd

So, I own a 2010 Peugeot 107 with only 30K KM. It's like new. Robotic gearbox though.

But, I was just offered a 2014 Fiat 500 1.2 POP, Manual, with 120K KM. Good condition.

I am contemplating.

Mostly drive around town, sometimes I pick up my 7 year old from school.

That's about it.

My heart is with the 500 but I assume the sensible choice is to stay with the bulletproof 107?

Advice appreciated!

Thanks guys!

PS - also considered the Panda (for it's 4 doors)

The panda is the most practical of the lot
The 500 is the panda in a miniskirt
Search on these forums for all the ‘foibles’ of a 1.2 500, generally little stuff like hatch wiring and having to wring life out of the 1.2 (but fiats like that anyway), obviously look for corrosion like you do with any car…I’m not passing any judgement as haven’t had one but…Having been on the pug forums, is it allegedly ‘bulletproof’ because it’s a Toyota??? as it’s been reported that they have gearbox and electric reliability issues

The panda is the most practical of the lot
The 500 is the panda in a miniskirt
Search on these forums for all the ‘foibles’ of a 1.2 500, generally little stuff like hatch wiring and having to wring life out of the 1.2 (but fiats like that anyway), obviously look for corrosion like you do with any car…I’m not passing any judgement as haven’t had one but…Having been on the pug forums, is it allegedly ‘bulletproof’ because it’s a Toyota??? as it’s been reported that they have gearbox and electric reliability issues

Thank you for the input!

Yes, indeed a Toyota engine (actually made by Daihatsu) and gearbox as well (and so used in the Aygo). Indeed, the robotic version is annoying, but to my knowledge, aside from needed the regular clutch replaced, it's a rather reliable unit (although very jerky in my experience, especially during the winter).

I drove my brother's 500 for 2 weeks and enjoyed it quite a lot (1.2 69HP manual) while he drove my 107, and I thought that he's going to complement the 107 after these 2 weeks, but he actually said it's "horrid" and "i don't know how you drive this POS" :)

Thank you for the input!

Yes, indeed a Toyota engine (actually made by Daihatsu) and gearbox as well (and so used in the Aygo). Indeed, the robotic version is annoying, but to my knowledge, aside from needed the regular clutch replaced, it's a rather reliable unit (although very jerky in my experience, especially during the winter).

I drove my brother's 500 for 2 weeks and enjoyed it quite a lot (1.2 69HP manual) while he drove my 107, and I thought that he's going to complement the 107 after these 2 weeks, but he actually said it's "horrid" and "i don't know how you drive this POS" :)
Is your brother on here, sounds like he could be! My comments on the 107 were not from experience, I don’t have any, just from the Pug and PSA forums.
All cars have their strengths and weaknesses, the Panda/500 is fun to drive, without a doubt, but it’s not a speed queen

We've got a Peugeot 108 and a 1.2 500 in the immediate family.
Both perfectly decent little rollerskates, cheap to run and nippy about town. They are both left a bit wanting at motorway speeds.
Much prefer my Landrover !

Back