Technical Fiat Multipla handbrake switch

Currently reading:
Technical Fiat Multipla handbrake switch

ukjoe

The tip of the tooth on the ratchet pawl on my handbrake snapped off and I bought a replacement from DA Motors (2nd hand parts). According to a Fiat dealer there is only 1 handbrake for Multiplas but this one was different to my original one - see attached photos (the one in black with the word Multi is the replacement). While the lever looks pretty identical and the mounting holes are in the same place the switch mount and the switch trigger are both different.

Does anyone know the part numbers for either or both switches?
Does anyone have a replacement handbrake assembly with or without switch in good condition?

Thanks a lot,

Bob

Attachments

• Multipla handbrakes.jpg
    Multipla handbrakes.jpg
    164.1 KB · Views: 34
Thanks for that. Quite a difference from what dealer said! Any idea how/where (on ePer?) I can see the various switches. EPer does not list or show any switches.

Think he's looking for the handbrake switch itself, (the push to make/break) that sits under the handbrake lever, and operates when it is on/off (as per pic) rather than the instrument cluster one? (though might be wrong!)

Multi handbrake switch.jpg

Think he's looking for the handbrake switch itself, (the push to make/break) that sits under the handbrake lever, and operates when it is on/off (as per pic) rather than the instrument cluster one? (though might be wrong!)

View attachment 443888
Yes, the switch is on that page I posted, it's part number three on the first diagram

Finding where ePer puts things is a bit of a dark art.
Found hand brake switches lurking in:
Given there are a few variants I'd use your VIN number to identify the right one
Thanks and I would but I know that the switch I need is not the one for my vehicle as the handbrake comes from another Multipla. Just not sure of the VIN of the car the handbrake did come from.

Indeed and your photo shows the switch and switch trigger that my original handbrake had. I am looking for the one that fits the black handbrake in my original photo. Thanks to all for the help.

Thanks and I would but I know that the switch I need is not the one for my vehicle as the handbrake comes from another Multipla. Just not sure of the VIN of the car the handbrake did come from.
Can see part 3/switch but not much detail about it and it does not look like it will fit my handbrake. Also it does not look like the one on my original handbrake or Hugh Jarsse's above.

Back