Technical Fiat Bravo Radio doesn't turn off

Currently reading:
Technical Fiat Bravo Radio doesn't turn off

Do you need help unlocking your radio?
Get your code instantly using our radio unlock service 🔓🎶

Arjan87

Hi,

Fiat Bravo 1.4TJet from 2009.

My original car radio stays on after turning off the car. Display goes off, but the radio (FM) keeps playing. Key out of contact and it still stays on. Manually turning off the radio on the button doesn't work either.

Very annoying. Twice now. Just disconnected the negative terminal of the car's battery and then it's gone... but then I also lost all my trip data... and need to re-setup my date and time etc.

And quite possibly this issue will repeat, I am afraid of draining my battery ofcourse, and don't want to have to disconnect the battery every other drive or so.
Annoying.

Anyone?

I would try overnight disconnection. You could always find and pull its fuse until you get sorted. It may need some form of diagnosis in the ecu / reset.
Hi,

What is the difference between the overnight disconnection and taking it off for a few seconds? Thanks.

Pulling the fuse means no radio at all, I am driving to Denmark next week (850km from here) so radio is welcome haha.

Is there a way to reset the radio with some dial combo or something? And would any fault show up when being diagnosed by a garage? For a radio? (Sorry for my noob questions) thanks

A longer disconnection allows all the power in standbys and thermisters to fade and the ECU to effectively switch off so when you power up the ecu has to start poering each module from scratch. Less than 30 seconds much likesay a broadband router you dont get the complete power down needed to reset on start up.

A longer disconnection allows all the power in standbys and thermisters to fade and the ECU to effectively switch off so when you power up the ecu has to start poering each module from scratch. Less than 30 seconds much likesay a broadband router you dont get the complete power down needed to reset on start up.
Alright, makes sense. Thanks for explaining. And there's a chance in that preventing the fault/issue to occur again and like, "fix" itself and disappear?

Do you need help unlocking your radio?
Get your code instantly using our radio unlock service 🔓🎶
Back