Currently reading:
Cinquecento Cinq VS Sei

Whats ya favourite Cento?

• Cinqi

Votes: 27 55.1%
  • Sei

Votes: 22 44.9%

• Total voters
I'd go for a Cinq, simply because I like the squared off styling better. Looks a bit like a scaled down Uno (y)

Also, the big minus for me on the Sei is the dashboard. I don't like the tacho being stuck in the middle where you have to turn your head to see it! Mind you, I wonder if you can retro fit the Cinq dashboard into an Sei? :chin:

But like someone else said, a 75 engined Sei might sway my judgement. Then again, I'd be more tempted to put a 75 engine into a Cinq :D

I voted sei for obvious reasons.

I have also noticed an influx of new sei owners recently or cinq to sei converts.

Maybe the market has something to do with that, the sei is becoming more affordable especailly later MPI seis.

Whereas the 'dated' cinq now is starting to go for low money, and i reckon that is why they are not selling as well as a sei is now. However that means there are plenty of cinq baragins about :)

The cinq is looking its age though now, everything is becoming more round in all markets and the sei will soon overpopulate the forum more than cinqs but that is aaaagggggeeeessss off.

Most wont believe me and ill get slated but it will happen

Hey,

I voted Sei and my opinion is not biased, I have owned 1 x Cinquecento and 2 x Seicento, all being Sporting's and both the Sei's with the Abarth :D I loved all of them like brothers :eek:

Id like to point out that this topic is biased towards Cinquecentos as most of you own them as they are cheaper to buy and cheaper on the old insurance due to price.
Not only that most the others who own either Uno's or Panda's which are square styled like the Cinquecento are also biased.... People with newer shaped Fiats will say Sei in most cases and the people with older Fiats will say the Cinquecento and there are more in favor then for the Cinq!

As i said I have owned both and I dont understand how anyone says the Cinquecento was more fun as they drive and handle the same, the Sei is just as much fun without a doubt and comes with the added modern looks and refined luxurys!

Adam

P.s..... (Sorry had to be done) :D :D :D :D

50020Cinquecento1991.jpg

Last edited:
This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Of the 2 cars the rear end of the Sei is nicer, the front of a Cinq is better, (even toyed with idea of trail fitting a sei rear door and seeing what’s need to fit it permanent as there should be little in it) side profile of cinq cleaner as the rear quarters on the Sei are like a lot of modern cars are too thick and obscure rear vision, and in my eyes is clumsy and makes the rear end of the car seem higher than it is because it raises the waistline of the car.

I have to say the dash board in a sei is an absolute abomination, so much so that I considered a Sei to put my turbo engine into but I would have changed the dash boards over as well as having a rev counter over to the left is just nonsense, plus no temperature gauge is a no no, its like an afterthought.

The engine bay is tidier on a Sei as the area all around the ECU brake servo is much neater.

TBH, all the comments about Seis being smoother is only with regards to the MPi model, as the Spi I have been in felt exactly the same as a Cinq Spi.

Aaron.

Back