Technical change engine oil warning

Currently reading:
Technical change engine oil warning

Hi
Was driving my fiat Tipo 1.0 2021 today and a change engine oil warning came on for s second. Now every time i turn the car on it appears.
My oil interval is not yet, and i have some mount's and 10000 km to it.
Is there something wrong with my oil?
I have checked engine oli level and its in the middle
IMG20240504182244.jpg

Last oil change was in the end of June last year, an made only 5000 km from then.
Is there a sensor to check the quality of oil?
Can it be thet the oil is degraded, or there's a nother counter for oil, that needs to be reseted?
The service interval was reseted at a licence fiat garage.

Could it be that the service light was reset but the oil degradation counter wasn’t? There have been a few cases of this on the later Tipo’s. Where was the oil service done? Sorry just read your post again and noticed you said licensed Fiat garage so you like to think they’ve reset all the relevant counters

Could it be that the service light was reset but the oil degradation counter wasn’t? There have been a few cases of this on the later Tipo’s. Where was the oil service done?
It was at a garage that is specialized in Italian cars, Fiat, Alfa and Lancia. It can be, that they may made a mistake. I have send them a mail about this, if it is a mistake or something else. Will see tomorrow, what will they say.

It was at a garage that is specialized in Italian cars, Fiat, Alfa and Lancia. It can be, that they may made a mistake. I have send them a mail about this, if it is a mistake or something else. Will see tomorrow, what will they say.
Was at the garage today, the guy said... yeah there is a special counter for oil, but he thought that the oil one is only on diesel cars. He reseted the counter and there is no more massage.
Thanks to all for helping.

Hi, there's a procedure that works with pre FL Tipo engines. Check this video out: It's in Italian language, but available subtitles could be changed.

No, it’s a separate mileage / time counter for the oil. It isn’t dependent on oil quality nor reset itself.

Back