Technical AUX option disappeared

Currently reading:
Technical AUX option disappeared

MadAlicesDad

It's a 58 plate 1.4 Sport.
There is an AUX lead fitted and it is used with a bluetooth receiver. It's worked for years.
Yesterday the AUX option disappeared from the radio. All it has is radio and CD.

Any clues?

Tbh when I read this I doubted myself and went back and checked!
If the radio is on, the CD button selects the CD which shows the button is working. A double press does not get Aux.

I took the radio out, left it unpowered for 3 hours and refitted it. Still no Aux.
I guess I need to find a secondhand radio.
Are they simple swaps or they matched to the car? Is there a PIN needed?

It's my daughter's nail of a car. I just need to get an aux input so the whining stops. Be assured, it won't be any of the brands mentioned 😁

But why? Fear of cheap Chinese tech or actual experience of it? I'm sceptical but has anyone tried them?
I have a cheap DAB in my classic Mini. It's flawed but works and significantly cheaper than branded units.

No experience of them I have to say, I grew up and when started driving wanted a "proper" car hifi, asked the audio dealer who made the best, Alpine it was had one of the loudest best quality systems in the area in the late 80's, oh and I still use the speakers I bought in 1992 at the time cost £600 for 5 speakers

Back