anyone know anything about boilers?

Currently reading:
anyone know anything about boilers?

jayteedee

anyone know anything about them here?

Got a suprima 30, been in since the house was built 13 years ago.

just back from my holiday the ****ing thing won't fire up. It's been a bit dodge for a while, previously if you wanted the heating to come on you had to press the reset button on it until it switched to "infrared mode" and the light on it was flickering red. Now it does bugger all in either the flickering red mode or the the over mode it switches to with the light on amber.

Not my forte at all, and don't trust anyone who's gonna come round, tut and say it'll cost me... but are we looking a small fortune to get it working?

Boilers should be serviced once every 12 months and can ONLY be looked at/fixed by someone who is Corgi Registered (although its not Corgi now.) If something goes wrong you WILL get a very large ***** in your anus.

Last edited:
You need to get a plumber round to have a look. No ones really going to be able to tel whats wrong with it with out looking at it. If anything big has gone wrong with it you might as well get a new boiler will cost you abit but will cost about half the money to run then your old one

...you might as well get a new boiler will cost you abit but will cost about half the money to run then your old one
I'd be surprised if it was half the running costs.
My boiler is only slightly younger and was about 80-85% efficient when new. A new "A" rated boiler is about 90-92% efficient.

I'd be surprised if it was half the running costs.
My boiler is only slightly younger and was about 80-85% efficient when new. A new "A" rated boiler is about 90-92% efficient.
so your boiler is about 11years old? new that would not run over 65% they only started running at over 80% efficiency in about 2004 and then in 2005 they started running over 90% when condensing boilers come about

Last edited:
Back