General 100hp sport mode.

Currently reading:
General 100hp sport mode.

From what I've read it reduces the power steering assistance to 80% and sharpens the throttle response below 3000rpm IIRC. However, it adds 5bhp, and I can't see how that would be possible by doing those things. I'm sure I've seem a torque curve and the torque is increased throughout the rev range, and I think it is more at higher revs, which is where it'll get the extra bhp.

The sport's button adds no extra power what so ever.

Last edited:
From what I've read it reduces the power steering assistance to 80% and sharpens the throttle response below 3000rpm IIRC. However, it adds 5bhp, and I can't see how that would be possible by doing those things. I'm sure I've seem a torque curve and the torque is increased throughout the rev range, and I think it is more at higher revs, which is where it'll get the extra bhp.

I do wish you'd research your stuff beforehand, you do post a lot of misleading info.

There is no extra power to be had with the sport button on or off.

From what I've read it reduces the power steering assistance to 80% and sharpens the throttle response below 3000rpm

(y)

However, it adds 5bhp, and I can't see how that would be possible by doing those things. I'm sure I've seem a torque curve and the torque is increased throughout the rev range, and I think it is more at higher revs, which is where it'll get the extra bhp.

(n)

I do wish you'd research your stuff beforehand, you do post a lot of misleading info.

There is no extra power to be had with the sport button on or off.

Oh dear, I've just done a search and can't find anything that mentions it. I can't remember where I saw it, I'm guessing that I'm getting mixed up with something else. I can clearly remember seeing torque curves etc., but can't find them now :(. It must do what Fiat say then.

I am sorry, but most of what I say has been researched. Not sure which other posts you don't agree with.

Last edited:
Ah, but it's only an LED so it'll use a hell of a lot less power than minor corrective steering inputs from the over assisted non-sport leccy power steering :p :D

is it or is it a regular bulb behind coloured film?:confused:

buses at work appear to use the same setup and they're regular bulbs

Driving along the Motorway this morning....

Holding the car on the flat at around 3000rpm with SPORT off....

Turned on SPORT....Car accelerated slightly....Weird feeling!

I guess this is due to the pedal position equalling more throttle in SPORT mode (does that make sense?)

eg....

50% pedal travel (non-SPORT) = 40% throttle
50% pedal travel (SPORT) = 50% throttle

Also noticed drop in economy by around 2MPG (hard to guage)....Again I guess this is due to an increase in revs....

Interesting observations there. The marketing blurb says something like it "sharpens up throttle response below 3k rpm" so I'd assumed that the pedal position still had the same relation to the throttle opening with sport on or off, but the sensitivity of the pedal or how frequently it was polled was changed with sport mode on to make it more responsive.

Might have to do some experimenting on the way home! :ROFLMAO:

Chris

I find the Sport button useless, too much response to make a smooth drive if anything it would be better the other way round to try and make it more progressive, also had a 1242 8v 2b punto that was also crap on throttle, have you tried to keep a steady 1000/1500rpm in nuetral, revs on mine fly up and down as if fueling is out got to have very steady foot to acheive ? waiting for re-map to sort...

I'm sure they must vary. Mine's easy peasy, but the car I test drove made me look like a (bad) learner driver in Sport, to the point where my girlfriend said my ineptitude was making her feel sick! :yuck:

If anyone lives near me and has a 'jumpy' car, I'd be happy to try a back to back test.

I'm sure they must vary. Mine's easy peasy, but the car I test drove made me look like a (bad) learner driver in Sport, to the point where my girlfriend said my ineptitude was making her feel sick! :yuck:

You drove like a bad learner in Sport mode? I seemed to drive just as bad with and without sport mode :D. I even stalled it once, and I have NEVER done that in my 899cc Seicento lol. The clutch and brake pedals were really sensitive for me. I could hardly tell the difference between sport and non-sport mode though.

Although I was embarassed by my driving, the sales person managed to drive much worse than me :eek:. It was pretty horrific, which which puts me off the dealership a bit :(. I think salemen seem to assume you're a thrill seeking chav if you want a 100HP :(

It feels more like:

50% pedal travel (non-SPORT) = 30% throttle
50% pedal travel (SPORT) = 75% throttle

in mine :spin:

I agree with that but I'd shove it down the pedal travel range a bit, i.e. that in Sport the first 10% of travel feels like about double the opening of 'normal' mode. From then on they don't feel much different to me. My wife swears there's a power difference too, despite the lack of cooncrete evidence.

In an ideal world I think the steering is still too assisted across the board. In my opinion the 'sport' steering should be the 'normal' setting and less assisted/more feedback again in 'sport'.

Last edited:
You drove like a bad learner in Sport mode? I seemed to drive just as bad with and without sport mode :D. I even stalled it once, and I have NEVER done that in my 899cc Seicento lol. The clutch and brake pedals were really sensitive for me. I could hardly tell the difference between sport and non-sport mode though.

Although I was embarassed by my driving, the sales person managed to drive much worse than me :eek:. It was pretty horrific, which which puts me off the dealership a bit :(. I think salemen seem to assume you're a thrill seeking chav if you want a 100HP :(

You sure you switched it on and off? There's a HUGE difference between the two!

Back