Styling Vent in a cinq bonnet

Currently reading:
Styling Vent in a cinq bonnet

might i recommend the scoop from a kia sedona? yes, its a people carrier but iv seen the scoop on a corsa and if its blended in properly, it looks quite nice and not too out of place as some vents do! wish i could afford a vent *sniff* btw rallycinq, i like the roof scoop, is that a custom job?

J333EVO said:
For subtle vents, & ventrs that actually have worth at removing heat, these people are the best, http://www.coollouvres.com I know from my 5 GT Turbo days that many owners running hi boosts & therefore hi temperatures got amazing results from them. :cool:
i would recomend these guys to anyone! i have 6 louvres on my bonnet and they knocked about 15 degrees off the engine bay temp.

havent heard the fan in over a month, even when in traffic it doesnt get to 90 unless it is stationary.

top class work, will get a pic up wheneva i can b assed hehe

Alex22, ive got a scoopy scoop up for grabs if your interested.
I got it for mine and when i got the new bonnet ready for kev to put the scoop on we saw how many of the bracing bars we'd have to cut through to make it functional and decided to leave it off :eek:
Let me know if your interested in it (y)

sorry! i dont get as much time on the computer as i used to do! here's a pic of mine with the renault 19 16 valve phase 2 bonnet vent,it was a bit hit and miss when it came to the looks of it but i've come round to it now and i'm used to it! but as for functionality!!!!!

you cannot get any better than this!!! the vent is positioned right above but just a little bit behind the k and n induction kit so it gets maximum cold air flowing past it,and because of the way the air goes in,mixed with the large opening's in the front bumper my engine bay now runs about 25% less hot than before!!! so much so my fan had jammed up because it hadn't been used in over 4 months!!!! (found out when stuck in traffic the other week!! lol)

this vent is far more about function than looks and it work's 100% can't say fairer than that!

DSCF0576.jpg

Yeah, add me to that list too...I couldnt imagine any other colour that would suit what yuve done to the front!!

cheers!!!! a lot of the boy racers around here think my cinq is funny! :-( but it's another matter when they see my mr2! :) but no matter what i still have load's of fun driving the cinq around! yesterday i went xmas shopping with the girl in edinburgh! usually take the train but decided to drive,went in the yellow peril and had no probs! those wee cars are great! and my engine bay was really cool all day!!!! ;-) great vent!!!

i found it easy,it helped that the sei bumper was already yellow so i didnt even have to paint it! the black bumper strip hides the join!!!! i would have put that strip on anyway to match up with the rear bumper!

i found it all easy cause i've been doing this sort of thing for a while and i'm a dab hand with a grinder! ;-)

basically you just cut off the top of the sei bumper and cut off the bottom off the cinq bumper and mate the two together! dont cut off too much,just a bit at a time until your happy with the way it looks,then i used a soldering iron to melt the two edge's together,this is a bit awkward because the sei bumper is a lot thinner than the cinq and it flexes a lot,it's also a little bit different in the way the sei bumper wraps around at a more curved angle whereas the cing is very flat faced,but if you take your time it all matche's up with a little persuassion! then i used a black bumper insert to cover the join! simple really!

you've just got to get on with it!

Back