General Rear Fog Lights - suitable LED bulb? - Doblo Cargo 2008

Currently reading:
General Rear Fog Lights - suitable LED bulb? - Doblo Cargo 2008

Anony Mouse

Since i had to change a couple anyway, I decided to replace all my rear lights with LED bulbs. I got quite confused about the rear fog lights though, and my manual was not much help (even had the wrong bulb types in the table).

Please someone correct me if i am wrong, but this is how i understand it. There are 5 bulbs. Bottom two are behind red reflectors and are the daytime running lights. These take take P21/4W bulbs. When the running lights are on and you activate the rear fog lights, the bottom one of these two goes to something like double brightness - but only on the drivers side. This stumped me no end and i couldn't figure out why the passenger side one wasn't working, until i realised this is quite common - to only have a rear fog light on the drivers side. Does this sound correct?

However, the P21/4W LED bulbs i bought do not change brightness when the rear fogs are on. I also accidentally bought red ones, but they look fine as they are behind red reflectors anyway.

So my question - is there a specific type of P21/4W LED bulb that will support this double brightness? Would the white version do this? Is there a specific term for this in the bulb world? I can't for the life of me find anything helpful via Googling it.

Back