Technical Quick way to disable a Grande Punto overnight?

Currently reading:
Technical Quick way to disable a Grande Punto overnight?

We've had burglaries nearby, so I'd like to quickly disable my GP overnight, with a cable or something simple that could easily be put back the next morning. What do you think?

The street has had a car stolen and a garage burgled, its odd that there has been nothing for the whole 6 years we've been here and now this. There have been no house breakins at this time.

I think removing a fuse sounds good a good idea.

Years ago, when I was a teenager, Dad had a Ford Anglia, and every time we came home after a trip out, Dad would go under the bonnet, and then put something into his pocket, before locking the car. One time, I asked him what it was he did, and he showed me the rotor arm from the distributor...
He used to pop of the dizzy top, remove the rotor arm then fit the dizzy cap back on. Obviously, anyone trying to nick the Anglia wouldn't have been ab;e to get it to start, and the noise of the engine cranking but not starting was the signal it was being stolen. (This was when Anglia's were seen to be a 'desirable' motor. Always remember that 'trick' Few seconds to remove/fit, but a real PITA to steal it!!..😂
Not much help these days though, with all singing/dancing 'electronic wizardry' that has no idea who or what you are (the owner!!) Nothing as simple as a rotor arm...

We've had burglaries nearby, so I'd like to quickly disable my GP overnight, with a cable or something simple that could easily be put back the next morning. What do you think?
Would it not be easier to just buy a crook lock for the steering wheel? Much simpler than messing about with wires every time you want to use the car. As @AndyRKett said if they really wanted your car, they’d find a way. It’s more of a case of making it harder for them

Years ago, when I was a teenager, Dad had a Ford Anglia, and every time we came home after a trip out, Dad would go under the bonnet, and then put something into his pocket, before locking the car. One time, I asked him what it was he did, and he showed me the rotor arm from the distributor...
Many years ago I used to take the leads off the distributor and remove them overnight, it was quick and easy.

I can remember one time I was doing this while the police were watching, they came over to enquire so I told them...my last car got stolen and this one isn't going anywhere unless I'm in it :)

A problem / concern with steering wheel / pedal / handbrake to gear locks is that in the case of stolen keys you are most likely (for convenience) to have the device key on your main keys. You can get keyless 5 digit devices. Not sure how easy or difficult they are to crack. Also ideally you need would need one which locks without the correct code being required and then unlocks only with the code. This avoids leaving the device when not in use visible and with the code set.

The solution to this is to never keep the device key with your main keys. Hiding the key in the car would be OK *but* of course you are open to observation.

There are CAN Bus based security systems that require you to make various switch / pedal actions to enable the car to be started. "Ghost" is one such system(s). "Phantom" another.

You could use an Anderson Connector Male/Female in the starter or main battery lines. The Female goes "in-line" and Male is just a shorting key. You can get a nice but bulky pull handle for them as well.
https://www.12voltplanet.co.uk/anderson-connector-accessories.html

If you park on your own drive then a telescopic security ground post but they are expensive. Manual lift typically £200 - £600.

Wheel clamps. As with ground posts fussing around in the rain or under the bonnet on cold and wet and snowy days is not a good way to start your daily trip to work.

One can also get quite inventive. Pressure switch on rear passenger seat. Open door, put brief case on seat, enables starter circuit, get in driver's seat start and go. Everything looks perfectly normal to the outside world. :)

Maybe not viable if I had an electric vehicle lol
Do you get electric puntos?

As for these crooklock type things. I had them in the 90's like many at the time before immobisisers were more common. The problem is if they have a go then they really mess up the car with the damage trying to get them off.

Back