Technical Punto mk2b fog lights

Currently reading:
Technical Punto mk2b fog lights

Hi all

Has anyone on here changed fog lights before on a fiat Punto active sport 1.2 mk2b? I have just changed the old ones for some brand new ones but they won’t come on when I turn the lights on?

Upon taking the black backing off the back of the bulb to have a look there seems to be two connectors. One is connected and the other isn’t but there’s nowhere for the second connector to connect to? Can someone help me with this as I thought it would just be as simple as swapping the old out for the new

Thanks all

Hi all

Has anyone on here changed fog lights before on a fiat Punto active sport 1.2 mk2b? I have just changed the old ones for some brand new ones but they won’t come on when I turn the lights on?

Upon taking the black backing off the back of the bulb to have a look there seems to be two connectors. One is connected and the other isn’t but there’s nowhere for the second connector to connect to? Can someone help me with this as I thought it would just be as simple as swapping the old out for the new

Thanks all
If it is a single contact bulb holder then one will go to earth and one live, but check carefully to be sure. If that is the case then you will have to run a earth wire to the connector if your old one didn't have one.
If that is the case it sounds like your replacement is not a genuine Fiat one , just a universal fog lamp.
I used to fit a new one every year for a builder customers van as he was always backing into things. If it is just for the Mot then one wired like that will comply with Regs.:)

If it is a single contact bulb holder then one will go to earth and one live, but check carefully to be sure. If that is the case then you will have to run a earth wire to the connector if your old one didn't have one.
If that is the case it sounds like your replacement is not a genuine Fiat one , just a universal fog lamp.
I used to fit a new one every year for a builder customers van as he was always backing into things. If it is just for the Mot then one wired like that will comply with Regs.:)
Thanks for replying to me. This is a picture of my old one that I’ve just taken off. Both connectors are connected. The new one that I’ve fitted only has one fitted and the other one is just loose but has a connector on it like it’s supposed to be connected to something?

Attachments

• IMG_0728.jpeg
    IMG_0728.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 26
Thanks for replying to me. This is a picture of my old one that I’ve just taken off. Both connectors are connected. The new one that I’ve fitted only has one fitted and the other one is just loose but has a connector on it like it’s supposed to be connected to something?
Got a picture of the new one so we can see what you’re talking about?

Obviously both wires do need to be connected to something. One to the back of the bulb and one to the outer part of the bulb holder

I see these are front fog lights with a single contact Quartz bulb, looking at your photo it appears the live is the blue one and the brown I expect will be the earth, as @AndyRKett mentions.
To comply with Mot Regs. they will have to be fitted as an identical pair and come come via your headlight switch stalk as an option.
In your post you didn't say front or rear, so I assumed being an older vehicle that it was a rear fog lamp which is normally fitted on it's own and to the O/S rear to comply with Mot Regs.:)

Back