General New Fiat 500! Confused from UK!

Currently reading:
General New Fiat 500! Confused from UK!

Sparkly

I have just leased a new Fiat 500 hybrid. The manual is pants! Going to need help - TIA

The manual is pants and there are a few symbols/switches I can’t fathom. Will take photos and post tomorrow
hopefully for help.

What does this button do? Can’t see any mention of it in the manual.
Also can I disable the stop/start thing? I hate it.

Attachments

• IMG_5211.jpeg
    IMG_5211.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 17
  • IMG_5210.jpeg
    IMG_5210.jpeg
    5.3 MB · Views: 13
That button is the city steering which all Fiats have now, it makes the steering lighter for parking etc, but in my opinion it's something that's unnecessary as the steering is light enough & it's something else to go wrong in my eyes, although with the newer stuff it's quite rare, I've never used the city steering on my Panda but it's the only car I've ever had with power steering

Hi on the centre heater control panel below the dials there is a oval set of switches with a speaker vent in the middle! just above the gear stick knob between the dials.
The bottom left switch should be a round symbol with an "S"in the middle and a diagonal line through it !-thats the stop /start deactivation button.
If you press it a similar symbol should illuminate in the speedo surround at about the 2 o"clock position with this symbol lit the stop start is deactivated!. you should also get a message saying so on speedo centre display!.
On some models once you turn the ignition off the system resets to ON !-so each time you start the car you have to press the button!

As above,
That is "extra" steering assistance.. Not really necessary

On my 2018 500 the Stop/Start button is above the gearstick

Look for it .. sometimes the symbol is like "a mini roundabout sign"

Arrows in a circle.. With a S in the centre

The dash board should say Stopstart Available / Unavailable as you switch modes 😉

It is possible Stopstart cannot be switched off (as it's an emissions thing..)

But look for the button

That button is the city steering which all Fiats have now, it makes the steering lighter for parking etc, but in my opinion it's something that's unnecessary as the steering is light enough & it's something else to go wrong in my eyes, although with the newer stuff it's quite rare, I've never used the city steering on my Panda but it's the only car I've ever had with power steering
Thanks!

Hi on the centre heater control panel below the dials there is a oval set of switches with a speaker vent in the middle! just above the gear stick knob between the dials.
The bottom left switch should be a round symbol with an "S"in the middle and a diagonal line through it !-thats the stop /start deactivation button.
If you press it a similar symbol should illuminate in the speedo surround at about the 2 o"clock position with this symbol lit the stop start is deactivated!. you should also get a message saying so on speedo centre display!.
On some models once you turn the ignition off the system resets to ON !-so each time you start the car you have to press the button!
Thanks!

The more cynical among us might suggest you don't need to worry about the Stop/Start - it'll Stop working and Start giving you grief soon enough...

Great colour by the way, and I love those wheels, though I'd hate to have to keep 'em clean; mine are bad enough!🙃

Last edited:
Back