2138cover1.jpg

Stilo My freshly skirted Stilo

Introduction

Tadar!!!

I Thought that it was about time I got some pics of my car on here...

**Edited, new photos as requested**

2138front.jpg

2138back.jpg

2138interior.jpg

2138cover1.jpg

It is a 2002 Stilo 1.6 dynamic with...
17" claw alloys
Abarth Skirts with filled badge recess (cheers Bennyboy, great job!)
Mattig badgless grill sprayed black (rest of car also debadged)
Meshed lower grills
Lexus style rear clusters
Window tints 50%/30% done by www.overrevs.com
Private plate
sprayed engine cover (cheers again Bennyboy!)
Lowered 30mm on Eibach springs from www.roadrunnermotorsport.co.uk
Custom backbox 6.5x3" tail pipe from www.exhaustsuk.com
Pioneer head unit, Infinity 6x9s, xplod 12" sub and 480w amp.
Autostyle tailored mats
Alu dash kit
Fiat Alu pedals
Interior neons

Coming this week...colour keyed bumpstrips (another visit to Bennyboy)
Coming soon...CDA, strut brace, rear spoiler, splitter???
Looking good mate, just a couple of questions

1) the lower mesh grilles, is that just a diy job with a sheet of mesh or did you buy them? if its a diy job how easy was it?

2) How comes you felt the need to spray the grille when it already comes black? i just clean mine with bumper polish every so often to keep it black and shiney.

On the whole though great job

activematt said:
Looking good mate, just a couple of questions

1) the lower mesh grilles, is that just a diy job with a sheet of mesh or did you buy them? if its a diy job how easy was it?

2) How comes you felt the need to spray the grille when it already comes black? i just clean mine with bumper polish every so often to keep it black and shiney.

On the whole though great job

The lower grills are diy, I didn't want to do anything to permanent, so it was a sheet of drilled alu mesh, go for this as it holds its shape better than the chicken wire stuff, cut to shape with tin snips. I then just popped off the original grill (just clipped on) and cable tied them on to the original (you can't even notice these until you get right up close. It gives the car a much smoother look.

The grill is sprayed for a simple reason...I bough it off ebay from a guy that had it fitted to a black abarth (saves a lot of money on back to black too!)

Yes, quite alot, They also had to cut off a bumper support to let it come straight through...Never been so scared in my life, but he told me I'd have to trust him...Well chuffed I listened to him now!!!

The exhaust is the exact same 1 i want to get and u got it done at the same place im getting mine done (y) It looks as good as id aspected, sweet as! :D Not to keen on the alterations that you mention they had to do? Does this have to be done to fit all types? Cause i might go for somthing different, which dosent involve as much chopping around! :confused: what does that system sound like; is it a full cat back, sorry asking so many questions its the first 1 ive seen with the exhaust which ive wanted?

Also the dash, is your stilo 1 of the active sports which the silver dash or is that a dash kit thingy; if so good job, n were did you get it from, another mod i want to get :)

1.8Stilo said:
The exhaust is the exact same 1 i want to get and u got it done at the same place im getting mine done (y) It looks as good as id aspected, sweet as! :D Not to keen on the alterations that you mention they had to do? Does this have to be done to fit all types? Cause i might go for somthing different, which dosent involve as much chopping around! :confused:

Also the dash, is your stilo 1 of the active sports which the silver dash or is that a dash kit thingy; if so good job, n were did you get it from, another mod i want to get :)

You don't have to have the bumper cut, it can just come out below. As you can see from the pic, I have to park the car against a kirb, so it needed to be cut to get clearance (esp after it was lowered).

The alloy dash is a kit from direct car parts online shop, one tip I would give is that I didn't use all of the parts they send you as it can look a bit OTT (IMO).

Back