Punto Evo Multiecuscan - Window tablets recommendation on a budget?

Currently reading:
Punto Evo Multiecuscan - Window tablets recommendation on a budget?

A quick update guys, the laptop is perfect almost brand new doubt it's been used much but it can't upgrade to Windows 11. I think it's do with the laptop's CPU or GPU which isn't suitable for Windows 11 apparently.

No idea how old the laptop is but it must be pretty old, Windows 11 support is ending next November I believe but that won't affect me as I'm only going to be using the laptop for MES anyway, worst come to the worst I'll just buy another laptop if I have to.

I've just installed MES on the laptop along with the OBD reader. Everything worked fine straight away after I managed to tell MES which reader I was using but the Quickstart instructions are pretty much spot on if you follow them to the letter.

I scanned the car with the free version of MES first to make sure that I could connect to the ECU then registered the software and connected again to the car fine.

Pretty pleased to be honest not that I'll be messing about with anything but there are no fault codes currently recorded.

The one thing I did notice was the 'hill holder unavailable' message was displayed on the dash when the car was connected to the reader/laptop, there was something else too can't remember what it was but those messages went away when I disconnected MES from the car.

Need to go and read the MES user guide now:)

Tony

PS, it's a bit weird using a windows laptop now, I'm so used to macOS and iOS & iPadOS these days.

I might buy the iOS/iPad version of MES for live data recording but I suppose I can just plug the laptop into the car and have it sitting on the passenger seat if I have to in future.

Back