2011-09-10_17_38_50_1_.jpg

Punto (Mk1) Molly II - Punto GT3.

Introduction

Well sure many of you know this car or at least saw it for sale.

Purchased from Alex22 at the weekend to add to my collection. She is standard bar aftermarket discs & pads and a baileys dump valve. Even has an original GT exhaust, think its the first one i ever seen lol.

Whats my plans I hear you ask?
1. Fit correct widemouth front bumper (supplied by Alex with the car)
2. Have wheels refurbed, they look ok but quite a bit of kerbing on the rims
3. Fit some spacers, love the standard wheels but they far to far under the arches
4. Clean and tidy up the engine bay
5. Exterior respray in the original colour, paint is good and there is hardly any dents/dinks but the bonnet and roof in particular look a bit tired.
6. Brand new badges, front and rear

Here is some pictures, all off my phone so not great - I will add more pictures to the thread when i have better ones ;)

2011-09-10_17_38_50_1_.jpg

2011-09-10_19_41_34_1_.jpg

2011-09-10_19_42_13_1_.jpg

2011-09-11_18_23_38_1_.jpg

comments welcome.
C.
Re: Molly II - Punto GT3

Man, you kept that quite :p. Just seen this thread mate :).

Would love to hear how reliable they are :).

Ming
Well i thought about posting in the cinq/sei section where i normally can be found but seemed wrong... Reliablility i'm sure will be the same as any car - take care of it and sure it'll be alright. Its at that point where things might start perishing but thats to be expected..
looks awesome,is the paintwork as good as it looks in those pictures ?

whats happening with that bmw or has someone jut knicked the wheels :S
The paintwork is pretty good - just the roof and bonnet let it down a little, theres a couplle of little dinks and few bits where the lacquer is starting to peel. Those pictures are outside a guys bodyshop - beemers wheels are off being refurbed and that landy was in pieces and primer a week ago. Will be looking to get her resprayed by this guy at some point along the way so the paint will be epic then ;)

Well since i've had it i've been driving my van 1 week and then the punto the next.. Let me put some more miles on it and i'll get back to you ;)

Black cinq is provisionally sold to a forum member who's car is for sale in order to fund the purchase. I will be getting it MOT'd in the next couple of weeks and then i'll be cleaning and polishing her up for him. Will get some pictures up when done. Sei turbo will also be going at some point but in no rush so please don't anyone send me silly offers for it. Needs a few bits doing before its ready to go.

After that i will have space for once, thinking i might get a 4x4 to add to the collection, would have a vehicle for all situations then lol,

So the temptation to start modding things on this are great, keep finding myself looking at FMIC's. Toying with the idea of fitting one along with the Mocal oil cooler from the sei. This in turn means i could fit the GT IC and oil cooler onto the turbo sei (they are one behind the other on a mount for those who not familiar with them), a setup i know works well on the VA turbo cento's - well its an improvement on what VA supplied anyways.

I really want to keep it looking as original as possible and defo want to keep the standard airbox.. Is there really any point fitting a FMIC without changing the standard air box though???

As a side note, been messed around over this vac hose and boost valve - ordered both from elsewhere so that should turn up soon. Also new number plates arrived y'day and new badges ordered - should make it look more tidy and new looking.

Last edited:

So black samco elbows and dump valve pipe are on order - no-one stocks black stuff so waiting for them to be made, so will be a few weeks before i can try fitting. Everything black so should be pretty stealth install ;)
Will be using the bigger mocal oil cooler from my sei turbo and then using Molly's IC and oil cooler on the sei - thats the plan anyway. Planning to move the rad on the sei over infront of the AC rad like on most modern cars and then fit the PGT IC/oil cooler where the rad normally is - should improve airflow through the front no end.

Well they are out there.. but there is only 384 of them on the road at the moment so not suprising they are hard to find.. clicky

240 of them are SORN too.. or is that on top of the 380 of them?

Extremely rare on the whole, let alone standard.. its lovely.

I though the Astra Bertones were rare.. but theres 8000 of them.. compared to 100,000 of standard Astras... :rolleyes:

240 of them are SORN too.. or is that on top of the 380 of them?

Extremely rare on the whole, let alone standard.. its lovely.

I though the Astra Bertones were rare.. but theres 8000 of them.. compared to 100,000 of standard Astras... :rolleyes:

Haha that is no suprise with the astras you see them apsolutly everywhere.

I thought mine was rare when i first bought it but now i know there is over 12000 others out there. lol.

No wonder the Punto GT is rare they are very popular same as the HGT's as there is not many more than 500 or 600 out there.

Back