19663_244470726282_513871282_380771.jpg

Punto (Mk1) Michaels Mk1 thread!

Introduction

Well people ive had the punto for about a month now and i think its time to start a progress thread! :D

Its a 96' 1.1 55 sx

The day after i got the car, totaly bog standard:
19663_244470726282_513871282_380771.jpg

Ive then did the following to the car in a 1 week period:

New OSF wishbone arm
New oil sump cover
New spark plugs
new air filter
Full oil change
New oil filter
New rear Wiper
New xenon look brighter headlights
New rocker cover gasket

Purchased but still to go on:

Wheel Cylinder
New discs and pads all round

The next photo is an older photo for my last car, but all the same gear has now gone into the punto!:
SNC00121.jpg

I have the sony xplods in the back with the originals in the front (which will be getting replaced soon) with a vibe sub in the boot, which i bought not knowing anything about it so i e-mailed vibe themselves who also said they werent sure but they would guess it is 350watts,honestly i think its alot more than that! All is linked up to and alpine headunit with ipod connectivity! lol

Pic of the beat(best pic i have unfortunately):

SNC00089.jpg

I then picked up some clear indicators and a nice set of Wolfrace Octanes 15"x6.5" thanks to DJ_Substance (y)

The new wheels provide so much more grip :)..... and alot heavier steering,it also likes to stear itself in random directions whenever i hit a bump!

Recieved the wheels yesterday, compared to the original steelies:

SNC00348.jpg
SNC00349.jpg

Before:

SNC00346.jpg

And after:
SNC00353.jpg
SNC00354.jpg

The only other plans i have for it is to get the bumpers colour coded and get it lowered 40mm :D

All feedback welcome,good or bad.
Looking nice that now with alloys :) what about some window tint?

colour code the door handles and mirrors along with bumpers?

Really does need lowered though! sitting in the sky theree haha but apart from that looks in good condition :)

I think tints is maybe oing to make it look chavvy,

I was originally going to get everything colour coded,but after seeing a few ones the same colour as mine still with black bump strips etc,i rather like it,would go with the alloys too.

An yeh i know,its a proper monster truck just now! haha

Not a big report, but ive now been running the Mckrich chip for nerly 3 weeks now and have nothing bad to say about it at all,the car now pulls really well through all gears and feels more alive!

Just before fitting the chip the cambelt tensioner blew up! So got that and the cambelt itself replaced and has been running great since then!

I have also de-wipred the rear,just have a gromit in its place now.

Still to do:
1.Lower it 40mm
2.Smooth the bumpers
3.Take bump strips off sides
4.Get bumpers colour coded
5.New exhaust
6.De-badged

Rather than colour code the bumpers, it'll be easier, cheaper and will look better if you just get some silver bumpers from a Sporting or GT. And while you're at it, get some standard side skirts from a Sporting or GT. These can easily be colour coded without any sort of problem and help make the car look lower! ;)

Ive seen so many Mk1 Puntos where someone has tried to colour code the black bumpers and the paint always ends up flaking off.

The 55 badges CAN be removed easily, I promise there are no holes under them.

Rather than colour code the bumpers, it'll be easier, cheaper and will look better if you just get some silver bumpers from a Sporting or GT. And while you're at it, get some standard side skirts from a Sporting or GT. These can easily be colour coded without any sort of problem and help make the car look lower! ;)

Ive seen so many Mk1 Puntos where someone has tried to colour code the black bumpers and the paint always ends up flaking off.

The 55 badges CAN be removed easily, I promise there are no holes under them.

Allready been down this road,all bolts holding the bumpers on are rusted away,so it will be a hardship getting them off, il be getting them done proffesionally with a guarantee so if there are any problems they will be returned straight away!

As for the badges,they will be coming off tomorrow :D

You 100% positive,cos thats what i was told about the rear badges haha

Yeah mate 100% - Only bolt ons are the front badge and the boot badges the sides are just simply glue. Heat them up and just pull off or use a card.

Put it this way, I did mine on a warm summers day just pulled off and rubbed the glue away then used some t-cut job done looks good (y)

save for some suspension, i know you said you are but it is the single thing that will transform both how the car looks and how it drives.
Nice little punto though, styling wise, i would look to blacken the b-pillar and light tints on windows. And defo worth getting a different bumper, it would look infinitely better with a wide mouth bumper. Rusty bolt your just gonna have to get used to i'm afraid. Find one same colour and it'll be cheaper too!

save for some suspension, i know you said you are but it is the single thing that will transform both how the car looks and how it drives.
Nice little punto though, styling wise, i would look to blacken the b-pillar and light tints on windows. And defo worth getting a different bumper, it would look infinitely better with a wide mouth bumper. Rusty bolt your just gonna have to get used to i'm afraid. Find one same colour and it'll be cheaper too!

Thanks alot,the original bumper i was going to have wide mouthed and smoothed.

Its near impossible to find the CC'd bumpers,been trying for months now, also i would have to get the old ones removed as i dont have the tools and know-how to deal with rusted bolts.

This way the bumpers will stay on the car and it will only cost me 60-70 per bumper to get sprayed as i know someone in the trade.

As for suspension,it will be getting a 40mm drop as this apparantly is the best all rounder, thats going to the top of the list too!

Back