General How to code a radio

Currently reading:
General How to code a radio

Do you need help unlocking your radio?
Get your code instantly using our radio unlock service 🔓🎶

Uno999

I have a 2023 Ducato which apparently has tighter security than Ft Knox.

It is an official manufacturer camper conversion not some home built job.

At some point in the process someone, probably the UK importer, decided to fit an after market head unit that is an utter POS,

It can only be used when the ignition is on, as it doesn't have a proper on/off switch, which is bloody annoying.

It is so user unfriendly I have given up trying to find my way through the labyrinthine menus, I'm sure that I'll meet the Minotaur coming the other way one day.
So as I have been gifted an OEM Fiat head unit from an earlier model (around 2018 I think) which I understand has to be coded into the ECU, rather than have a 4 digit code, can I fit it instead of the after market head unit and get it coded to work on a newer model?

Normally the procedure is called Proxi Alignment, it can be done in MES.

In the 2023 model you probably have the Security gateway (SGW) installed by FIAT to limit the access to non qualified personnel (and earn more money to the dealership). There is apparently a workaround.

Try checking the multiecuscan.net website and their forum.

You can also find someone, a forum member, willing to help with MES (apparently there's a list somewhere on the forum). But also in that case the SGW can be a problem :( Unless someone has the workaround tool tested.

And I'm not sure if the radio from 2018 will work on a 2023 model. There was a facelifting in 2021. I think that even FIAT is 100% sure what has been changed :D

Do you need help unlocking your radio?
Get your code instantly using our radio unlock service 🔓🎶
Back