Hi there to all the fiat lovers.

Currently reading:
Hi there to all the fiat lovers.

motornews

After maybe 20 random fiats in my life,I inherited from my aunt a fiat Grande Punto diesel 2014....flooded.
So to mutch work and it's took off after replacing ECU and BCU and of course all connections checked,cleaned and dried the car started easy.
It's 109.000 klm in the dashboard...whitch is on for a few seconds and then nothing at all.
Second issue I changed also the steering el.powered all of it,but doesn't work.so when I steer I hear a sound from left or right turning,at straight driving no sound.
And last but not least abs module is disconnected for the moment (I am only test driving the car due to safety).
Is the steering needs calibration with my friend's Texa ?
As for the dashboard I checked fuses and connectors no problem.no guessing.
Any advice is welcomed
Thanks in advance

After maybe 20 random fiats in my life,I inherited from my aunt a fiat Grande Punto diesel 2014....flooded.
So to mutch work and it's took off after replacing ECU and BCU and of course all connections checked,cleaned and dried the car started easy.
It's 109.000 klm in the dashboard...whitch is on for a few seconds and then nothing at all.
Second issue I changed also the steering el.powered all of it,but doesn't work.so when I steer I hear a sound from left or right turning,at straight driving no sound.
And last but not least abs module is disconnected for the moment (I am only test driving the car due to safety).
Is the steering needs calibration with my friend's Texa ?
As for the dashboard I checked fuses and connectors no problem.no guessing.
Any advice is welcomed
Thanks in advance
Welcome to the Fiat Forum! I think you'll find there's not very many online communities as rich in real life, helpful experiences and banter as there is here.

I believe the power steering is electric, and a replacement does require calibration by a dealer level computer. Give it a search on here, there should be some good threads with conclusions and advice on this - it comes up often enough when people have issues.

I hope you get all the answers you need for the project, flooding is probably one of the hardest things to work through on a modern car with the complexity of the computers and wiring.. Still, these modern Fiat's are amongst the 'simplest' of any modern cars so that is in your favour. Replacement parts should also be easy find and cheap enough.

Please keep us updated with your progress!

Back