G’Day from the Shoalhaven, Australia

Currently reading:
G’Day from the Shoalhaven, Australia

Hi there, I thought I would briefly introduce myself. My name is Nathan and late last year I purchased a 1968 124ac coupe from Canberra.

She is a bit of a roughy but I’m really looking forward to bringing her back to life. She was previously used by her former owner as a track car but he had passed away and his car collection has/is being gradually sold off for his widow.

The car has been painted in the Abarth black and red rally colour scheme which I am told doubles the horsepower 🐂💩

It does however have a 2L donk in it from a later model 131 according to the rego papers and engine block numbers. This could be almost as great an upgrade as the paint job except for the fact it is seized. I have tried dropping half a cup of oil down each cylinder and leaving it for a number of weeks but no cigar. I’m going to have to pull the engine and take a look inside. This was something I was intending to do anyway but I would have been a lot happier if she had been able to fire up before starting the full strip down and rebuild.

I’ll be joining the NSW Fiat club next and be looking to pick some brains during the rebuild of this lovely little car.

This I my first Fiat and second Italian. The first Italian being one of the original 2003 147GTA I bought new. I actually passed on the opportunity to buy it back in November to buy the 124 instead. (I am planning on making the 124 with comparable power to weight figures to the 147GTA).

I will have my two sons (16 & 13) helping and learning on this one. It has been about 25 years since I last restored a car (I’ll be relearning along the way too).

Any other Fiat members n the Shoalhaven, Sydney or Canberra regions?

Here is a photo of the girl. She has taken a shunt on the front left corner. I’m thinking of making a carbon bonnet and fenders.

Attachments

• IMG_1085.jpeg
    IMG_1085.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 5
Back